Carbed 350 turbo charged

MCH86GN

My wife has her sites set on a 79 regal with a 350 and I was wondering if anyone has information, such as cost and feasibility of turboing a carbed 350. Any info. would be great.

Depends, can you fabricate, weld, ect...? If so labor your is cheap. The balance is the cost of the parts.

Headers
BW Turbo
JGS Wastegate and BOV
EV Bonnet
Tubing, Clamps, Couplings
DIY Blow-thru Carb (hanger18)

Check out V8Buick.com for info about turbo kits for the Buick 350 and 455. Board member sells the kits. Ibelieve his last name is Burton or Barton, something like that.

I might know something about this..

Burton Machine makes a kit that includes about 70% of what you need. Will it fit on a regal?? Don't know. Here's what it looks like on a Skylark..

There are several of us on the V8buick site that would love to see you tackle this project

Cost.. Kit 2K plus shipping. Blow through carb 650. Fuel system 800-1000. additional crap 1000 or more.. Downpipes will be an issue if you don't have good friends..

Jay

Attachments

• 000_0341.jpg
    000_0341.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,056
Check out wrench rat at

Company | Wrenchrat

I have a Wrenchrat Kit sitting on my shelfs right now for a future TT SBC project . Very nice design , made from 321 SS , very compact . will basicly fit into anything that you can put a SBC into . steve the owner of Wrenchrat is a great guy to deal with . It's a twin turbo kit but I guess it could be modded to a single if need be .

That looks like a pretty nice kit.

The wrenchrat kit is a nice little package . even comes with gaskets , fittings , downpipes , modded alt braket , etc . Made from 321 SS and it's nicely put together and the quality is there . It's VERY well thought out setup . it was designed around a 67"-68' sub-frame . so it will fit in basiclly any chevy , and then some . I didn't want to go thru the hassle of doing my own headers , and this fit the bill perfectly . I didn't know what to expect , but was pleasantly surprised when it showed up on my door step . Here's a couple pics of it installed on a 67 Chevelle (Blow Thru stup/ni IC ).

Attachments

• les7.jpg
    les7.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 688
  • Copy of DSCN0365.png
    Copy of DSCN0365.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 671
  • DSCN0336.png
    DSCN0336.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 678
  • DSCN0367.jpg
    DSCN0367.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,464
  • les17.jpg
    les17.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 809
Check out the newest issue of the april Car Craft about to hit the streets. Big article on the WrenchRat system bolted to a production block 355 SBC. Not gonna ruin the article for you guys but ill give you a hint. More than 850 whp non intercooled. Check it out!

Check out the newest issue of the april Car Craft about to hit the streets. Big article on the WrenchRat system bolted to a production block 355 SBC. Not gonna ruin the article for you guys but ill give you a hint. More than 850 whp non intercooled. Check it out!

trbo355/Steve is that you ? :D :)

I own the blue Chevelle in the Wrenchrat video and built most of the silver 67 chevelle with steves kit thats in this thread. I didnt help steve too much except a few suggestions as he did the design layout.
I had a better idea of common problem areas (from building cars working for my dad Tim) that crop up between various makes of chevy products than steve did so i made sure those details werent overlooked. Between Steve and I, its a hell of a good designed kit thats had a lot of thinking put into it!
The latest design on the headers even clears the pesky upper control arm on 70-81 camaros that pretty much ruined fitment of his kit. Thats a BIG market to miss out on so he redesigned the front 2 primary tubes to clear perfectly. Do you know Steve personally or.....actually, who the hell am i talking to anyways? LOL:D

I own the blue Chevelle in the Wrenchrat video and built most of the silver 67 chevelle with steves kit thats in this thread. I didnt help steve too much except a few suggestions as he did the design layout.
I had a better idea of common problem areas (from building cars working for my dad Tim) that crop up between various makes of chevy products than steve did so i made sure those details werent overlooked. Between Steve and I, its a hell of a good designed kit thats had a lot of thinking put into it!
The latest design on the headers even clears the pesky upper control arm on 70-81 camaros that pretty much ruined fitment of his kit. Thats a BIG market to miss out on so he redesigned the front 2 primary tubes to clear perfectly. Do you know Steve personally or.....actually, who the hell am i talking to anyways? LOL:D

I know Steve from the purchase of one of the Wrenchrat Kits . I think I have the only one in Canada as far as I know . When was the new design released for the 70-81 Camaros . I was told if you changed out the stock upper control arm to a tubular design in the 70-81 Camaros it would work as well ?

I know Steve from the purchase of one of the Wrenchrat Kits . I think I have the only one in Canada as far as I know . When was the new design released for the 70-81 Camaros . I was told if you changed out the stock upper control arm to a tubular design in the 70-81 Camaros it would work as well ?

Yep i think a tubular upper is mandatory to work and the new design sweeps the cyl 1 and 2 primaries back at a 45 degree angle as soon as possible to clear the damn A arm that sticks up more than typical SBC engine compartments. That was the only car i could see a big problem with. Steve says a customer recently fit the kit into a 2nd gen Camaro and it DID work.

Ordered a kit also.... he must be busy...so far I cant even get a receipt or email for my payment in full after a week... will let u know the out come...was suppose to be shipped mon or tues...not shipped as of yet.. :mad:

Ordered a kit also.... he must be busy...so far I cant even get a receipt or email for my payment in full after a week... will let u know the out come...was suppose to be shipped mon or tues...not shipped as of yet.. :mad:

Whats your name? Ill call him for ya and see whats up. Business really took off after the Car Craft article and i think he is a bit overwhelmed getting up to speed. I assure you he's a good guy and things will get straightened out soon.

(edit) Are you Ron? I guess you guys talked and have things squared away. Sounds like he has been selling so many kits he ran low on inventory and has been hustling to keep up!