Car won't start...not sparking till I let off the key! Plz Help!

Kyle, I had the EXACT same problem when I hooked mine up.

I put a wire to the fuse box for 12v switched (i think that was it) and it worked fine after that.

It was losing signal during crank.

Check your injector positive while cranking. If your not getting a pulse there during signal Im SURE that its the same thing. I was talking to Harry @ PTE when I was trying to figure it out and he ran me through some tests and thats what nailed down that it was losing power during cranking. I thikn I had mine spliced into the radio hot wire and it would disable during crank.

Thanks for the help Curt, but I found the problem...it was in fact a bad HEI module. I'm really having trouble getting mine started now that it's cold out. Could you do me a huge favor and maybe send your file to me so I could take a look at it. You've had some good chances to put the "supertune" on it haven't you :) I've only really had mine running a few times and haven't gotten much done with it. Maybe you could email it to me. I emailed you a while back but you never got back to me. I'd like to talk about a few other things too. Anhow, thanks again for the the help and hope to hear back from you soon!

This is how I got mine started.

Used the basic program. Kept bumping up the starting pulse widths until it started up. It surged bad, so took the VE up till it smoothed out. After that, set your AF to what you want. I had mine set at 12:1 initially. Then, set your timing. I had max of 27 degrees this past season but it may be different for you if you have an intercooler. Do you?

Then after that, get it tuned in a little better. I set my AF at idle to 14:1 and it was rich. The closer I got to 15:1 the leaner it got.

Ive tried sending my program on the email before and it didnt come through very well. The best I could do, would be to take screen shots and post them up.

That would be great if you could maybe take a few pictures for me. The ones i really need are the 4 graphs under cranking/afterstart and maybe the start IAC vs. coolant temp. The one or two times i've had the car running, I managed to get it to run pretty good. It didn't take real long. It's just the cold weather start up i'm having. What size injectors do you have also? And yes, i have a huge intercooler so hopefully i can run a little more timing. If yours gets done this summer, maybe we can meet at IRP or something. Thanks for the the help!

If?? **** Im trying to have this thing out to the track middle of next month. ;)

I had #55 injectors this past season but I am stepping up to #84 this year with the BIG turbo.

Cool, then we'll definitely have to meet up! So do you think you could post those 4 or 5 pictures of those graphs? I think that would help me a lot. Thanks

hey spooled....IM next time your on

i want to ask you a question about your intercooler

When I get home tonight after school, I will try and post. My website server has been down and waiting on them to get the it running again so I can upload images.