Car Tracking....On the CHEAP.

DoWork

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but, if its in the wrong place, feel free to move it mods.

Anywho, I am getting really sick of seeing peoples cars get stolen on this site. It's sickening. I remembered reading about this a long time ago, so I figured I would post it up Cell Phone Tracking

Its not the greatest thing in the world, but I will help you find your car quicker than driving around looking for it. Plus, I know quite a few people who still have old phones laying around. I am pretty certain you could just use a prepaid phone too, especially since you will hopefully not be receiving any calls or calling the phone. IDK, its just an idea for you guys.

sounds good, but i doubt you could get any carrier to help you with that. by the time you get to someone that understands what you want them to do to help you track it, it would be days later. my luck, they would tell me that it's not the phones intended purpose, cancel the service, and probably send me a big bill.

sounds good, but i doubt you could get any carrier to help you with that. by the time you get to someone that understands what you want them to do to help you track it, it would be days later. my luck, they would tell me that it's not the phones intended purpose, cancel the service, and probably send me a big bill.

The link I provided gives you a GPS that puts you within 15 feet...Hide that sucker in the frame or somewhere else good and you should be gold.....If it turns up missing just have the boys in blue meet you at the location

For the cell phone tracking, you have to pay a monthly fee to keep the cell phone operationable, right (so it can receive calls)? That can be $20+ a month?! ---

For the cell phone tracking, you have to pay a monthly fee to keep the cell phone operationable, right (so it can receive calls)? That can be $20+ a month?! ---

Thats why I suggested using a prepaid phone. That should only be a one time charge. Go to Walmart, buy the cheapest one they have(they come with a 10minute card), activate it, and you should be good to go. I also remember reading a while back that a deactivated phone could be used, but I couldnt find any info on it.

You also need to make sure the battery is good and charged, don't just mount it under the car in the frame somewhere and forget about it, in a week or so the battery will be dead and not much good.
Maybe make an easy accessible spot under the dash to stash it or slip it under the center console or back seat.

You also need to make sure the battery is good and charged, don't just mount it under the car in the frame somewhere and forget about it, in a week or so the battery will be dead and not much good.
Maybe make an easy accessible spot under the dash to stash it or slip it under the center console or back seat.

Thats why you hack up a car charger and hardwire it behind the dash. That way, its always charging :)