Car storage question

pro69

Does anyone store their car on a trailer for thtthte winter? I ask because I may have to put my car on my open trailer and put it in my garage like that. Just want to know if it'll hurt the trailer?

I would say it will be fine but if it gives u piece of mind jack the trailer up and throw some stands under it to take some pressure off. don't need to put all the weight on the stands just distribute it a lil

Sounds like a good idea if you live in a cold climate it may stop the mice from getting into your pride & joy. Front page of the USA Today estimates that 21 million rodents seek inside relief for the winter and only require a hole the size of a dime.

A closed trailer would probably be better....double the protection.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Im in Pa, not worried about mice, just have no option but to put the car on the trailer and both in the garage. Don't want to leave the trailer out all winter.

I would imagine it depends on how heavy duty the trailer is. If it's a triple axle super duty then it probably won't be bothered. If it's a single axle light duty then it would probably have some serious problems by spring.

I've done this many times for winter storage and occasional other times when space was tight. Never had any issues. May be doing it again this year to help a friend.
All assuming that the trailer is of sufficient capacity.
I used blocks under trailer frame to take the weight off the tires [no flat spotting] and springs as noted above.