Car sold now I'm gonna cry, maybe scream!

I have always done that and then sent the pictures to the buyer. That way if the transporter or a friend drives it, he will know.

Jason

Jason, that is an outstanding point....I do know now....I will be doing that from now on...

just sold my 74 corolla with 64k miles.

anyways you sold a car known to be fast off the lot. SOMEBODY after you dropped it off, pushed it and didn't know when to back off when things sound funny. I never met a guy who wants to grandma a fast car. it's a contradiction if you take your newly owned car and take it easy. I'm not counting a new car break in period. After that is over, then it's drive it like you stole it for a few days/weeks/months/ or just always. That's the point or he should have bought a low mileage standard v6 regal.

74 Corolla with 64k miles.....Wow! How cool is that? Honestly the only car I ever pushed to the limits was my 1969 Camaro 327 4bbl. That car would run and run. I never pushed the GN all out, did I bark the tires from time to time you bet!;) :cool:

Thanks BandAid,

The guy has not been nasty with me, nor asked me for anything accept my laptop...which was going with the car, until he widdled me down on price (he said he really didn't want it, now he does) I will give him that. I'm disappointed mostly because this was my personal car. I tried to keep it perfect, then ship it to someone that is unhappy with it. I couldn't sleep a wink, the night after he told me the news. At first I thought he ran it out of fuel...but when he mentioned popping and fuel smell...I thought damn this car has never done that at all. I'm still willing to help him out, but he will have to give me a little more information first. I'm sure its simple....

Damned if I would give him the laptop after he beat you down on the price. Once the car left your possesion that should be the end of the story. Time to move on my friend.:smile:

Damned if I would give him the laptop after he beat you down on the price. Once the car left your possesion that should be the end of the story. Time to move on my friend.:smile:

For what ever reason he feels it was to be included in the deal...Guess I wasn't clear...That's ok, no big!

You did what you did for the best of sale, everything now is out of control. By the late summer or fall ill be seriously looking for one, so keep your eyes open coen;)

Thanks my friend....I had a gut feeling about the situation, the new owner is nice enough and had money. He just wanted a bargain and wanted the deal to go his way. I haven't really met anyone who worked me over on pricing like he did...I was watching gas prices rise with little activity in the market, I worked with him told him my absolute bottom dollar then he said that was too high...He settled for $300 bucks less. He hasn't been nasty at all, basically told me it was kind of a murphys law type of thing...I'm pretty sure he was running her hard, when the problem occured....Thanks again and talk to you soon....You can't beat Buick guys...They stick close....

Hope he didn't try to get away with throwing in some 87 octane in it. With the way gas prices are i wonder.