Car sold now I'm gonna cry, maybe scream!

If he dislikes the car that much, give him my email address...I might take it off his hands and you can forget about it :wink:... It's closer to me now anyway, and I could save on shipping...:biggrin: J/K

On a more realistic note. Who loaded the car? Who unloaded it? It sure would be nice to know the mileage going in and coming out of the trailer. I had a car shipped to me over 1000 miles not so long ago, first thing it did was backfire real bad on start up coming out of the trailer. I Never even thought to blame the seller, nor the shipper. It was my problem as soon as the check was in his hand, because the deal was DONE.
As most list there vehicles for sale, AS IS, NO warranty expressed or implied.

He knew I wanted it, and thought it would be funny to sell it out from under me... :frown:

Just kidding Aaron....;)

EXACTLY RIGHT!;) :eek:

No....to be honest, my daughter was turning 17 and I was driving the car I purchased for her....1994 Mustang GT. She is now starting to drive and I needed a car or a truck and couldn't justify a small car payment when the GN just sat in the garage. I also wouldn't feel good driving the GN every day. Yes, I used the money to get caught up a little and purchased a 1994 Toyota SR5 4x4 with 68k original miles...Very nice! But I will always be a Buick guy for sure.

If he dislikes the car that much, give him my email address...I might take it off his hands and you can forget about it :wink:... It's closer to me now anyway, and I could save on shipping...:biggrin: J/K

On a more realistic note. Who loaded the car? Who unloaded it? It sure would be nice to know the mileage going in and coming out of the trailer. I had a car shipped to me over 1000 miles not so long ago, first thing it did was backfire real bad on start up coming out of the trailer. I Never even thought to blame the seller, nor the shipper. It was my problem as soon as the check was in his hand, because the deal was DONE.
As most list there vehicles for sale, AS IS, NO warranty expressed or implied.

If he complains too much I may give him your number and email address...The car is wonderful....I just hope he didn't run her to her limit and blow a head gasket...

The company that shipped i have dealt with before....very good at what they do....but you never know. I thought about writing down the mileage, but I'm too trusting i guess.

I have been on the other end like you, I just purchased a 1994 Toy SR5 4x4 68k miles, paid too much and love it . I had to drop money on a complete tune-up (ran baddly..pinged all the way home)and other goodies The guy that owned the 1994 SR5 4x4 was OCD and kept it perfect and was afraid to have anyone work on it....he never replaced the plugs, cap or rotor in 68k miles....Still I never thought poorly of the guy, I was glad to do the work myself. My thought was how many 1994 Toyota 4x4s out there have 68k miles and look like the day it arrived on the ship...I had to do work to it but I am happy...Very happy.

Why did you sell your GN Acoen? Did you need the money or just tired of it?

Not tired of it, wish I could have kept it forever...Really like the GNs and TRs. other issues like my daughter starting to drive and needing another vehicle drove my decision making....I will have another some day....

If I was to guess at this scenario, I would guess that the guy that held the car test drove it rather vigorously, and hopefully it's not a head gasket, which it almost sounds like.

Gary as much as I hate to say it, you may be right. The guy has been short with me, but he has never said a word about blame. Being with his buddy on an evening drive (first time buddy sees car), leads me to believe he was showing off and screwed something up. I'm leaning towards blowing a hose off....That will cause a backfire for sure. May have fouled the plugs.

I have always babied my cars....no burnouts or full blown all out runs. I enjoyed it for what it was...Now I did like the second gear chirp, but that was easy to do, did it on almost every 1-2 shift in normal driving....Damn peg leg and Eagle GT rubber.

I sold the GP in my sig. Guy called after purchasing asking if it ever ran right. I said let me know how it turns out, maybe I can help. He replaced the spark plugs, put in fresh gas and it ran perfect.

Perhaps he could send you some pics to see if anything noticably "blown off" or unplugged is wrong.

I sold the GP in my sig. Guy called after purchasing asking if it ever ran right. I said let me know how it turns out, maybe I can help. He replaced the spark plugs, put in fresh gas and it ran perfect.

Perhaps he could send you some pics to see if anything noticably "blown off" or unplugged is wrong.

Heck, I told the guy if he couldn't figure it out I would fly out and check it out. He said no....Hmmmm?

Those symptoms sound exactly like what happened with my car a few months ago. Wound up replacing the ignition module.

If he complains too much I may give him your number and email address...The car is wonderful...
I was trying to make light of the situation, glad you caught the humor:wink: ...Don't give him my email unless he admits to blowing it up:biggrin: and wants to get out of it cheap:wink: J/K...

Why not just turn the guy on to this site and wash your hands of it?:D

You have a good point, but I tried to help and he acted as if he knew more than I did....Oh well!

Guys thanks again for the moral support, I was racking my brain trying to figure what I did wrong to the guy. Sounds like he may have been the victom of bad karma....

Heck, I told the guy if he couldn't figure it out I would fly out and check it out. He said no....Hmmmm?
Your a stand up guy,I would not hesitate buying a car from you... on a side note I bought a certain 85 White T that used 4.5 quarts of oil for a 360 miles trip,,cant get the guy to call when hes says he will,wont return Pm's,,some folks are just out to make a buck...:mad: :mad:

I would not hesitate to purchase a car from Aaron without even driving it.

Aaron, I think this guy knows that he did something wrong to the car and is making an excuse to someone( maybe a spouse ). If there is no oil in the water and vice versa tell him to pull the breathers and start the car, if he hears exhaust he blew a head gasket as many have done( like me ). Hopefully he just blew the IC hose and all is well. You owe him nothing.
Good luck bro
Bryan

My thought was how many 1994 Toyota 4x4s out there have 68k miles and look like the day it arrived on the ship..

just sold my 74 corolla with 64k miles.

anyways you sold a car known to be fast off the lot. SOMEBODY after you dropped it off, pushed it and didn't know when to back off when things sound funny. I never met a guy who wants to grandma a fast car. it's a contradiction if you take your newly owned car and take it easy. I'm not counting a new car break in period. After that is over, then it's drive it like you stole it for a few days/weeks/months/ or just always. That's the point or he should have bought a low mileage standard v6 regal.

Sorry to hear, Aaron, but maybe if in the same and / or similar situation ever again, up close pictures of the speedo at point and time of drop off might be worthwhile consideration? Or a call to the new owner releasing yourself of any future issues? Hope that all works out for everybody.

I have always done that and then sent the pictures to the buyer. That way if the transporter or a friend drives it, he will know.

Jason

Aaron, you are a straight shooter and we have talked numerous times about turbo cars especially yours. Im sorry i couldnt purchase yours as work has really been busy:mad: and has negated me from purchasing another one, as i will get another one hopefully within the next year is my goal;) The car looked awesome and im sure was great, just remember you will never please everyone no matter how hard you try and also that some people always have to grip about something its just their nature and the nature of dealing with people who think they know everything but fact of the matter is there ego is much farther ahead then their actual intelligence level.:eek:

Your a stand up guy,I would not hesitate buying a car from you... on a side note I bought a certain 85 White T that used 4.5 quarts of oil for a 360 miles trip,,cant get the guy to call when hes says he will,wont return Pm's,,some folks are just out to make a buck...:mad: :mad:

Thanks BandAid,

The guy has not been nasty with me, nor asked me for anything accept my laptop...which was going with the car, until he widdled me down on price (he said he really didn't want it, now he does) I will give him that. I'm disappointed mostly because this was my personal car. I tried to keep it perfect, then ship it to someone that is unhappy with it. I couldn't sleep a wink, the night after he told me the news. At first I thought he ran it out of fuel...but when he mentioned popping and fuel smell...I thought damn this car has never done that at all. I'm still willing to help him out, but he will have to give me a little more information first. I'm sure its simple....

Aaron, you are a straight shooter and we have talked numerous times about turbo cars especially yours. Im sorry i couldnt purchase yours as work has really been busy:mad: and has negated me from purchasing another one, as i will get another one hopefully within the next year is my goal;) The car looked awesome and im sure was great, just remember you will never please everyone no matter how hard you try and also that some people always have to grip about something its just their nature and the nature of dealing with people who think they know everything but fact of the matter is there ego is much farther ahead then their actual intelligence level.:eek:

Thanks my friend....I had a gut feeling about the situation, the new owner is nice enough and had money. He just wanted a bargain and wanted the deal to go his way. I haven't really met anyone who worked me over on pricing like he did...I was watching gas prices rise with little activity in the market, I worked with him told him my absolute bottom dollar then he said that was too high...He settled for $300 bucks less. He hasn't been nasty at all, basically told me it was kind of a murphys law type of thing...I'm pretty sure he was running her hard, when the problem occured....Thanks again and talk to you soon....You can't beat Buick guys...They stick close....