Car show question

t3intercooled

So I was interesting in attempting putting together a car show with all proceeds going to a charitable organization that I hope will turn into an "annual event." But im hoping someone can point me into the direction of where to start etc. Thanks to all for help!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Find a local car club. They will show you the ropes. They will probably participate too. They did that where I work and next year will be the 5th year for the show. Proceeds go to JDRF.

John when and where is the show? I would be interested. I only go to car shows when the money is going to a charity. My car isn't perfect and has only won one trophy but I still like checking out other cars and donating to a good cause.

John when and where is the show? I would be interested. I only go to car shows when the money is going to a charity. My car isn't perfect and has only won one trophy but I still like checking out other cars and donating to a good cause.
If I see some young kids with anything( usually not a great car) in my category I will tell them to pass on judging my car. Most car shows around here are for a good cause and really what the hell do ya do with all those trophies anyway. Not that I always win, but the last couple I gave to little kids at the show.
Ihave won a few best in shows.....those I kept.

It's in Plainfield at the ADESA auto auction on Washington near Ronald Reagan Parkway. Usually happens in early June. Its pretty decent. About 100 cars, a radio station DJ and last year there was a big professional go cart track setup. They have burgers and dogs.

Hopefully I will be off for it then. I will be on the power tour around that time so it might interfere. I love going to shows with a group of Buicks just because it tends to piss off our local car clubs. A couple years ago we had four turbo Buicks at a local show and a member of the car club that put it on said some comment about us to my father in law about all of us being there. The comment went something like "what is so special about those Buicks that make them want them want to bring them here." This is the same car club that gave an award to a PT Cruiser with a tv in it and it also had some pinstriped flames. Regardless they were making money for their charity!