Car randomly shut off

slow305

One Cool Guy
I had the weirdest issue a minute ago, I was taking the car for a test drive after putting in my (hopefully) repaired LC-1, and the car lost all power. The interior lights and headlights still worked, but the radio, gauges, windows and ignition were all non-responsive. What could it be? I began pushing the car back to my house (I was only a few blocks away), and suddenly I heard the antenna come up. I hopped in and it fired right up, so I drove it back to the garage. What could have caused this problem?

On a side note, I just installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge the other day, and I accidentally left the old sensor plug leaning against the turbo housing. It melted it irreparably. Could this have caused it?

That's what I thought. While it was still soft, I kinda pulled it apart to try and separate the three pins, but that had no immediate results. Yes, it is still just kind hanging there, but it's not touching any metal parts. This doesn't any sense, but in my head, I started thinking that, because it got so hot, it sent some kind of signal to the fuse box or some relay to shut down. When it got cooler, it started working again. I don't know.