Car no start after running 15 minutes.

robertf

So I drove to the carwash close to my house. Cars running beautifully. I rinse it off and presto, it spins but no start. I try this 6 or 7 different times with no luck. I call a wrecker and 25 minutes later I decide to tap what I suspect is the fuel pump relay, {turns out the Hella relay was the lo speed fan on drivers side}. Anyway, the car started right up. I get home and everythings great. At this point I'm clueless of what to do. Should I replace the pump relay in case! It's never ever left me stranded. Now I have no trust in it. Sorry it's long winded. Thanks.

Did you verify the car had no fuel pump when it wouldn't crank?

Normally when cars die at the car wash, it's because of water getting something wet that shouldn't be.

I want to say 60-75% of peoples issues are a result of the grounds being lose or the main power feeds grounding out against the hot ass headers . So triple check the grounds and fuseable links .

Did you verify the car had no fuel pump when it wouldn't crank?

Normally when cars die at the car wash, it's because of water getting something wet that shouldn't be.
I could not. The chimer in the car was to loud as I'll be disconnecting that today but the fuel gauge on the rail held 40lbs. As a precaution, I'll be replacing relays this week. What are you guys trusting as replacement {name brand} nowadays? The car only has 77,000 but I need to start replacing items that are 30 year old just to be safe.

If your fuel gauge works, you had pressure. I wouldn't mess with a working system when you're trying to troubleshoot an intermittent system. That's just a recipe for disaster.

That being said, 40PSI is low for a car that isn't running. That's assUming the gauge is accurate.

If your fuel gauge works, you had pressure. I wouldn't mess with a working system when you're trying to troubleshoot an intermittent system. That's just a recipe for disaster.

That being said, 40PSI is low for a car that isn't running. That's assUming the gauge is accurate.
No that was with the car off. It's at 43 running. It was just setting at 40 when the car was not starting. I have ordered a Borg Warner relay for the pump and a relay for the hotwire kit as well just to be safe.

They should pretty much match. When the car's off there's no vacuum signal at the FPR so it should bypass the same as when the line's off.

After you replace them, I'd keep those known good relays in the trunk just in case.

Bad ignition module? So basically the car won't start when hot, but starts after it cools down?

So this morning I've replaced the original FP relay with a Borg Warner. Not happy about it but availability is getting tough. Also replaced the Hella relay on the hotwire setup just as a precaution. I'll do some driving this weekend close to home and hopefully no issues.