"Car is DEAD!!!"

TClassic

Guys,

Going to a show this morning and everything is Perfect, hit a Dip/Bump, not particularly hard and the car DIES - No Power to ANYTHING - almost like someone pulled the battery out (new Delco by the way). I tried EVERYTHING,
I disconected the battery and reconected - NOTHING - I know on the Fords they have that Resett button back in the Trunk/Hatch area but I don't think GM's have that......Ideas!!!!

Main fuses are the fusible links by the starter terminal with the Red battery cable attached to it. Loose connection on these.. you will have your issues.

Thanks Guys...I'm working on it as we speak... looking up at the starter from underneath...there appears to be 2 cables going to the starter one of them connects to the Starter soleniod ALL THESE CONNECTIONS ARE FACTORY TIGHT, I'm pretty sure this one goes to the battery....the other one goes up over the starter and unless I 'PULL THE STARTER' I won't be able to see where it goes...is THIS the wire that has the Fuesable Links in it (Invisible due to the wire loom)??

And the BIG question....if one of these 'Fuseable Links' goes, does it kill power to EVERYTHING...I mean I can't even lower the windows...EVERYTHING that normally works with the 'Key on' is DEAD!!!!!!

I'm no electrical gunius but what about the battary ground cable? Is it still tight and snug?

Marconi Thanks, and yes All the connections are tight...if it was Fuseable link related wouldn't I at least have power to some accessories?? Could this be VATS Related?????

I'm going to Drop the starter and check the fuseable links anyhow..what a
NightMARE...Especially since this is such a Clean Low Mile Unmolested car...

Sorry I can't be more help, but I can tell you this: about 10 years ago, I had an 87 formula tpi car and the fusable links burned out. It killed power to EVERYTHING...no dome light, no nothing.

Well..pulled all the 4 wires connected to the back of the starter:

1 to Battery (Battery cable), and 2 and 3 up to the Main wiring harness with Fussible links attached, and a 4th purple wire with a fussible link to an adjacent smaller terminal (Vatts wire I think), anyhow 1 of the above mentioned orange wires was Chaffed through and looks as though it Shorted out to metal, the chaffed area was just Below the fusible link, the Black fuseable area has a 6 printed on it, so I'm assuming I can get this from John Spina (Caspers), of course Pep Boys only had a Large generic Fusible link (10 Amp I believe), so it looks as though I found my problem....