car hesitats when i push on gas

87grandnat

when i push on the pedal, say coming off a red light or just after starting it, or anytime im stopped my gn hesitats like it doesnt want to go, once it gets going its fine, but it scares me because i think that its gonna stall, does anyone know what is causing this

is your car completely factory stock?

when was the last time you did a full fledged tuneup? many things can cause hesistation like that...a clogged fuel filter, really dirty air filter, a spark plug misfiring or wire, make sure your tps sensor is set to .42 volts at idle and iac counts around 20 at idle...(you need a scan tool to do this stuff)

I have been working on the same problem, almost gone.

what I did so far,

1. Car fully warm adjust IAC under 28-30 in drive , 8 in park idle.
2. adjust tps to .45
3. FP set to 45 offline.

4. Might not be an issue on your car but I had to replace the coilpack & ignition module.

thanks
myles

i had somwhat of the same problem i wouldent say the same though speradicly my car died 3 times this week on mild distance trips and after it died it would heasetate like a mofo after i got it started agin ( it started right up ) . i allready had a new adjustable fuel presure regulator in .. i went to a local speed shop piked up a fuel pump and put a new fuel filter in and it took care of the problem. now all i have to do is hotwire it.

also if you have the original mass air flow sensor that thing might be taking a crap on you as well...trust me i went through 5 of those things before i finally got smart and went to the ls1 maf/translator setup

Tip in stumble can also be the chip. I had a chip that had a tip in stumble. I swapped chips with no other changes and the problem vanished. What chip are you running?

if I knew these 009 where such a pain in the butt, I wouldve spent the extra cash and bought the 50 pounders....