car doesnt seem to pull like it should and other problems.(HELP)

GNJesse

I wanna run tens
my car doesnt seem to be putting out the power it should be. ive been having a leaning out problem so i replaced the fuel pump with a walboro 340 and hot wire kit. that fixed the problem except it very slowly leans out now but i think its becasue im running 24 pounds of boost on 93 octane. i cant get my boost down with the rod or the manual controller so im gettin and external. its not showing any knock retart though. the car isnt slow but it feels like it should pull much harder then it does. the trans is also acting up. the numbers on my scan master are all fine. im running the extender extreme chip. ive never been in a 10-11 second TR but im pretty sure my car should be faster then this. any help would be appreciated

24 psi on 93 octane and no alky is way too much, fix the boost problem first and go from there. If its not knocking then the knock sensor is unplugged or doesn't work imo. Until you can get it running in the proper boost range for the fuel u really can't get very far tuning wise. :)

I totally agree with the above. Something is not right.

With a constant lean problem have you checked for vacuum leaks?

I mean look at every single vacuum line. Check all of the intake tubes and make sure your PCV valve is working properly.

Additionally, if the trans is acting up, as you say, you may have no lock up or slipping trans, which will hurt power too. :confused:

Yep lower that boost and quick too. I was running 21psi on 93 octane then on a nice cooler day it went to 25 psi and the scanmaster showed 19 degrees knock :eek: Thats blown headgasket terrirtory.

I concur. Way too much boost w/o Alky! Also, do you still have a CAT, if so take it off and check it. Mine did not rattle or anything and even passed smog but the car had no power. When I pulled it off the cat was in pieces! Now the car runs fine. :D