Car cranks, no start, doesn't move in neutral

Turbo38V6

So I'm trying to figure out some weird behavior on my car that started happening the past few days. Had it yesterday out of the garage running in park while I ran inside and walking out, it just stopped. Tried to start it again and it would crank but not turn over. Lights turn on, radio works all power is there.

Then the weirdest...I put it in neutral to push the car in the garage and it wouldn't move even in neutral. Parking brake was off.

Eventually after 10 min or so, I cranked it and it turned over and was able to pull the car into the garage.

Similar situation happened a few weeks back.

Any ideas?

common culprits, assuming no codes, maf, module/coilpack, water in gas tank, didn't reset the computer after some previous problem?

The not being able to move in neutral points to shift linkage adjustment (the car was not really in neutral). This would also put your neutral safety switch in the wrong position.

Good feedback all. Computer is a classic FAST system so no MAF. I'll check out the other items. Be curious for anything else I should look for.