car appraisal

rag93vette

Does anyone know where i can get an appraisal on an 87 Grand National?

I went to a place today that does appraisals and the guy thought it was a t-type! He appraised it for 5900!! With no rust, perfect interior, perfect body, factory moonroof and 382XX miles.

The car has been repainted and the GN emblems were never put back on the car, but you would figure someone who appraises cars would have more of an idea about cars. I would also figure they would do a little more research than just look up one book value. We do have the internet you know!

The average price on autotrader.com is 14118, and the average price at collector car trader online is 17089!

Maybe i should do some appraisals myself as a side job!! At least i can do a little research.

I had trouble with getting a 70 gto 4 speed done because the guy said point blank he knew nothing about them.

Sounds like you should move on.. Try a classic car dealership they usually have a person that does them.

Im trying another place today. When i talked to them on the phone i asked the range of values. The numbers they gave were much more in line with the current sales prices.

The appraisal today came in at 17,000. A little higher than expected but i dont mind since its for insurance purposes anyway.

He really liked the way the car looked and thought the repaint was nicely done. I still dont know who painted it though!

Doug (dhauser) gave me a very good deal and in Bowling Green im sure he wished he would have asked for more. He might have even got it!