Can't go wot

topnotch

Well how do I reduce my boost with the stock arm every time I get in to it like to pass a car the boost runs up and the stumble and boost flutters but if I roll into it more problems till bout 15 lbs then it bucks and pops want to turn the boost down so I can use the overdrive or just be able to go wot

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

To answer your specific question, you unscrew the wastegate arm a couple turns to lengthen it (assuming you have an adjustable wastegate.

If you have never replaced the three hoses that run from the compressor to the wastegate, replace those with new lines, zip tie them securely and you're overboost problems might just be solved. (your head gaskets and crankshaft will thank you)

I do have the adjustable one thanks I'll look for the three hoses tomorrow do I just take the turbo shield off and I'll be able the see the three hoses ?

Shouldn't even have to take the shield off. One runs from the cold side of the turbo to the gray 'Y'. From there, one goes to the solenoid on the valve cover and the other runs to the wastegate.

Make sure to keep the 'Y' oriented the same. One of the legs has an orifice in it that needs to face the turbo.

While you're under there, touch every vacuum line you see.... Any of them that turns your finger black needed to be replaced years ago.

then replace the ones that don't turn your finger black.

What size hoses I need or the most of a certain size or are they al random sizes

Cruise Control Servo
Large port 9/32"
Small port 7/32"
Vacuum ball 7/32"

Washer Resevoir 8/32"
Washer Nozzles 7/32"

Charcoal Canister
To Tank 10/32"
Solenoid 8/32"

EGR to Solenoid 5/32"
Vacuum to EGR Solenoid/Check Valve for HVAC/Cruise 9/32"

Brake Booster 3/8" (9-9.5mm)

AFR 6.5/32"

Vacuum Block
3 ports 8/32"
1 port 6/32"
1 port 12/32"

PCV 12/32"

Wastegate Y-hose 8/32"
Total Lengths For Car
4mm = 122"
6mm = 147"
8mm = 46.5"

Just buy a kit a Peppy Boys or someplace
The sets come with all three sizes in lengths
You might need two packages

Attachments

• SILICONE VACUUM LINE KIT - SPECTRE.jpg
    SILICONE VACUUM LINE KIT - SPECTRE.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited by a moderator:
All the hoses at the y & waste gate are in good shape

Are you sure it's over boosting? In your statement you say it bucks and pops at 15psi......that's not over boosting in my books. Is it going above that?

Yes it's going way in to the red, it's all good till about 16 or 17 lbs but if I need to make a quick move like changing lanes it over boosting before the overdrive kicks in

"Yes it's going way in to the red, it's all good till about 16 or 17 lbs".
If you are referring to the stock boost gauge....FORGET IT. No way is it accurate.
Also, the vac hoses are not in "good shape", if they are not ty-wrapped @ every connection.

Some were popping off from time to time ty wrapped them and yes referring to the stock gauge