canadian sales.

v8regalowner

just to let you know watch out when shipping to canada. i shipped an itake manifold to canada a few months ago and now the fedex store i shipped it from calls me and says i owe $60 for the duty fees because the person who recieved it didnt pay them. its bad enough it cost me $58 just to ship it there and it took like 14 days to get there.im trying to figure out how to get out of this but i dont know if there is any way. just an fyi:confused:

thats BS.. Its NOT yours it's HIS !! sooo HE pays it :rolleyes: I'd tell em to pound sand :mad: only way I ship to Canada is USPS.. IF it doesn't go out with that it doesn't leave here :cool:

Tell them to F off, you dont live in canada so why should you have to pay the duty tax that the recipient should have to pay to get the package into their lap?

I have shipped alot to canada, gift and less than 20.00 for future reference.

How could fed ex try to get money out of you? Where is it that you said you would pay duty tax to ship to canada?

Did you pay with cash, credit or debit?

BW

Thanks :cool: I sold a rear end to a guy in SC . I got a quote from a trucking co. Bought the rear end down there in its own "coffin" so it could take a beating. Guy got the rear end 2 days later.. A week later I got a call from them.. they said the weight was wrong and I needed to send them more $$$ .. ya ok ... I just let the wife handle it :eek: they didn't bother me again :biggrin:

just to let you know watch out when shipping to canada. i shipped an itake manifold to canada a few months ago and now the fedex store i shipped it from calls me and says i owe $60 for the duty fees because the person who recieved it didnt pay them. its bad enough it cost me $58 just to ship it there and it took like 14 days to get there.im trying to figure out how to get out of this but i dont know if there is any way. just an fyi:confused:

If a parcel comes to me from the U.S., I have to pay all fees before I can get it. Something is wrong here. I have received tons of stuff and never heard of this. Grumpy is correct. USPS all the way. Never had a problem. Fedex and UPS suck when it comes to cross border shipping.

thats BS.. Its NOT yours it's HIS !! sooo HE pays it :rolleyes: I'd tell em to pound sand :mad: only way I ship to Canada is USPS.. IF it doesn't go out with that it doesn't leave here :cool:
thats what i figured. the worst part is the person who bought it told me to ship it fed ex instead of ups so he didnt have to pay an extra charge. i paid cash when i shipped it and all they have is my old work address and my phone #. i dont see how this is my problem.

If they didn't collect them upon delivery of the item thats their tough luck.

They have no legal standing to collect from you.

P.S. So much for Free Trade... I've Shipped stuff from Canada for years and never heard of any U.S. Resident being asked to pay Duty or (importing fees)
Total B.S.

:rolleyes:

If a parcel comes to me from the U.S., I have to pay all fees before I can get it. Something is wrong here. I have received tons of stuff and never heard of this. Grumpy is correct. USPS all the way. Never had a problem. Fedex and UPS suck when it comes to cross border shipping.

worst part about it all is i send this thing in like august, sept, how could it take that long to get back to me.

I agree it's all BS. All charges should have been due to the reciever. On most bill of ladings there is a box to check off that say's bill all duty tax's to shipper or reciever. My bet is that fed ex didnt charge the reciever for "brokerage" There will be no Duty on any part that is of US or Canadian origin...But then you would need a NAFTA certificate. (North American free trade agreement) when they applied to customs to clear.

I agree with shipping with the postal department.....it takes a while to get, but you dont always get charged brokerage or tax's. When i pick my stuff up at the post office i always have my credit card out to pay, and when they give me the look of "anything else"... I grab my stuff and run like hell:eek:

They have no recourse and they need to absorb the $60.00

Fedex or UPS we still end up paying for the Duty and Customs.
The best way is to ship by MAIL. This would not of happened.
Declare it as a $100 Item and you never get charged for extra fees by Mail.
I have sent Heads, Converters, Headers by mail to the US and all went OK

well its a board member i sold it too, i cant remember his screen name. im kinda curious on his input on this whole deal.

Dan I would post his real name and if hes honest he will come forward.Im sure some board members will know his member name and real name.Hate to see Dan get screwed,hes a good guy.Good Luck!!!

Something does not smell right . I've recieved numerous items from Fedex via the States . They usuually drop it off after it is it signed for , then they send a invoice within 30 days to the reciever in the mail for duties and brokerage fees oweing .By receiving that item you are agreeing to pay duties and brokerage fees . The "duty fees" have nothing to do with the shipping/mailing company they are solely a Canadian goverment revenue collection and the responsibility of the receiver.The shipping company ONLY collects it on behalf of the Canadian Customs Revenue .and for this the shipping/mailing company recieves a "handling fee" . I also work for Canada Post . If someone does not want to pay the duties oweing on a item that arrives in Canada . the item is return shipped back to the sender right away. I would contact Fedex customer service asap .

does not make sense . Why would it be setup that any individial or company would be taking the chance on getting stuck with these fees on anything they ship outside the States . Brokerage fees/Duties/Taxes are the sole responsibility of the reciever . :)

x2