Can you use the SLP 85mm MAF with T+

LUZ_2_A6

Old School
I was wondering if it will still work, it says that the MAF is callibrated for the LS1 cars. Also, what is so good about the Extender chip, can you get that info to make the maf read 512 grams on any chip? I like Red Armstrong's chips. Thanks Your suggestions are welcome.

NHH

you'd need to check with turbobob about the cal. If it's nto the same, he can make it work. The Extender programing is property of Ramchargers so you just can't add the code to another persons chip (at least you shouldn't)

I asked about this before, and Bob said you *could* do it, and it has been done, but that he advised people to use the LS1 3.5" MAF. It gave him the best results/drivability.

I do have a stock LS1 MAF for sale. If anyone is interested, email me... it'll be up in classifieds soon.

Brian Green
89 TTA
syclone160@yahoo.com

Hey guys.....

The 85mm MAF is available "calibrated" for LS1's from various sources. They work fine with the
translators (version 5 and later).

But, the sensing elements are very near the 'entrance' of the MAF and this
makes them more sensitive to cooling fan turbulence. So I recommend them only
when a cold air kit will be used.

There is an adapter you will need (Ramchargers has them I think) because the MAF has
a 5 wire plug.

Bob

BTW, the extended range chips (Extender) is only available thru Ramchargers, its
proprietary technology. There's more to it than just the MAF range....

Thanks for the help guys. I guess i will call ramchargers for the info about the chip, thanks.

NHH