Can you hear your fuel pump?

F

Four-Four-Two

I installed a Walbro 307 a few weeks ago, and didn't notice any increased "noise". I started it up, and drove it around a little bit, and was letting it idle in the driveway to let the turbo cool down before I put it away. I walked to the back of the car, and I could hear the fuel pump now. Should I be able to hear it?

I could hear my stock pump priming. I just installed my 340 and it primes alot quieter. At first when I turned the key I thought something was wrong. It's fine just quiet.

Ron

I run a 340 pump and I can hear it, especially when it is very hot outside. It sounds like it is screaming...

Did ya'll put the stocker rubber sleave around the Walbro? It would seem that would help with the noise a little.

Originally posted by strikeeagle
"Can you hear me now?"

:)

oh my god those ads get annoying quick.

Yes I put the rubber sleve on the Walbro.

I was just a little worried since I hadn't noticed it before, didn't want anything to be wrong...again- after the whole O-ring fiasco.

If it's providing you the fuel pressure you need under boost, it's fine.

Face East, hum softly, and thank God, 'cuz I've heard some noisy sh!t from Walbro's.

g'luck.

with low fuel...yes my pump whines VERY loud...i didn't install the rubber sleve for that reason because it just sounds so damn cool...nothing wrong with it at all...it's a "performance" pump...it's supposed to make noises:cool:

I got a red Xp no cover it sounds bad as you know what I love that and it scares people also.:D

I have a 307 and it makes no more noise than the stocker, can't hear it while driving the car.

AHHHHHHHH.... the only two tolerable whines in a TR owner's life... fuel pump and turbo... the rest... well perhaps with cheese :D

Jack :cool:
Racetronix