Can someone please help identify which turbo I have?

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
I tried comparing my pics to the ones on gnttype.org but I'm not having much luck.

I just bought the car, the guy I bought it from didn't really know anything about TR's, the guy he got it from knew some but didn't know anything about this car other than "the guy he brought it from put the engine together and never did find time to drop the engine back into the car".....instead he bought it and put in the engine then sold it to the guy I got it from.

At best I'm guessing this is a PTE turbo? It's only pushing 15 lbs boost max.....if that helps any.

turbocharger001.jpg

turbocharger004.jpg

turbocharger006.jpg

Are there any numbers anywhere I can give you to tell which one I have? Or are the raised numbers in the last pic sufficient?

Thanks in advance.

my guess, and i am not a turbo expert, i would say a TE44! if u compare pics of my exhaust side u will see that ur stock elbow fits much better than mine because my exhaust housing is on the edge of too big!

6152E.jpg

Cool....thanks. Sort of gives me an idea of what kind of performance I can get. I read so far the TE-44 can support up to 585 hp.

TE44, TE60, TE61, TE62,etc. More than likely a 44 if it spools well and still has the stock converter in it. I noticed high volume oil pump in the pic.

It does have a small amount of lag starting off from a dead stop, I've been told this is typical...is this correct?

Now passing someone like say on the interstate...seems to quickly spool up.

I'm guessing it has the stock stall but I've been wondering if a 2500 stall would be beneficial?

It still has the 3.42 gears, and I don't think anything has been done to the 200-4R.

Was not aware I had a high volume oil pump - thanks for pointing that out. I am in the process of learning (or trying to) learn my engine. So far I also noticed it has blue top injectors. I also have the cam card...looks like a Poston camshaft.

You will be replacing those injectors shortly unless you go with alky injection. Id get a scanmaster and a wideband datalogger next. Pull the comp housing and measure the compressor wheel inducer. Then we will i.d. the turbo with more certainty. The 44 will have minimal lag if the tune is right and there are no exhaust leaks with a stock converter. Its there but barely noticeable.

What's wrong with blue tops? Why alky injection? :confused:

Ditto on the Scan manster...seen a few of those in some TR's....and not to sound ignorant but what is the wide band data logger?

TE-44, stainless 3 inch downpipe, test pipe, cat back 2 1/2 exhaust, 212-212 comp cam, 009 42.5 fuel injectors, walbro fuel pump, G-body stock mount intercooler, heads ported and polished, TRW pistons bored .30, steel crank with steel caps, hot wire kit, poly motor mounts, acufab fuel pressure regulator 2800 stall.. My car runs like a wild tiger with this set up, may give u a few ideas, Alky is next, with a LT-1 MAF and translater. With a these goodies, a scanmaster is a must..

TE-44, stainless 3 inch downpipe, test pipe, cat back 2 1/2 exhaust, 212-212 comp cam, 009 42.5 fuel injectors, walbro fuel pump, G-body stock mount intercooler, heads ported and polished, TRW pistons bored .30, steel crank with steel caps, hot wire kit, poly motor mounts, acufab fuel pressure regulator 2800 stall.. My car runs like a wild tiger with this set up, may give u a few ideas, Alky is next, with a LT-1 MAF and translater. With a these goodies, a scanmaster is a must..

U will love the alky and a word of caution with the lt1 MAF and translator... i installed mine today and i guess my stock cloth pipe, MAF and 14" K&N filter were a big restriction because my car gained 4psi at WOT:eek: im lucky i didnt join the blown head gasket club today:cool:

Ditto on the Scan manster...seen a few of those in some TR's....and not to sound ignorant but what is the wide band data logger?

With a TE-44 and and a good tune you will have bluetops MAXXED out..or might even be beyond what they are capable of supporting. You need bigger injectors.

With a TE-44 and and a good tune you will have bluetops MAXXED out..or might even be beyond what they are capable of supporting. You need bigger injectors.
You could have a crappy tune and max out the blue tops. They will work with very high pressures if you have enough pump though. Alky turned way up will be required if the blue tops are staying to get the max out of the 44 and may still be a little too small. 115mph if the tune is good on the blue tops with out methanol. The 44 can go over 120mph if pushed hard (28-30 psi).

Check out innovate motorsports site. I have an LM1 and use it on a lot of peoples cars. It works great.

Pull the comp housing and measure the compressor wheel inducer. Then we will i.d. the turbo with more certainty.

Ok, so this means I need to dissemble the turbo? I've never done this before. Can someone please explain a little more in depth or maybe show some pics?

I want to find out for sure so i can order my turbo tweak chip. Thanks!

The Lm-1 Is Being Discontinued And Will Be Replaced In A Month Or 2 By The Lm-2 Very Cool Stuff. Recordable With A Sd Card.

Did you ever figure out which turbo you have?

You will not get an accurate tunable chip without that knowledge, I believe.

Here is what I did when I purchased my recent unknown Precision turbo'd car. I called Precision and asked if it was possible, and I was informed how to do so...

Slide the hose off the output flange going to the I/C and look at the neck. You will see etched on the pipe the model that it is. It is not stamped... but etched with a hand engraver. Low and behold - mine was a PT-54 and now I am educated on my turbo model.

Good luck and let us know what you discover...

Mike