can someone list all hybrids done w/ turbo 3.8 motors

Originally posted by Steve Staze
That wagon looks so cool with the GN wheels.

Thanks, but I don't usually put them on. I prefer the sleeper look. Besides those little white walls hook as good as my drag radials, so why look flashy when I don't need to. I may be building another one similar. Actually, I have the body, and most of the parts. I just have to stop breaking stuff so that I can get it all together.

Intercooled 88s: Thanks. I was supposed to do the car up with a real nice paint job, custom body work, alloy wheels, bla bla bla, but the sleeper bit is such a blast that I won't dare change it. In fact I'm taking the turbo hood off this year and putting the flat one back on.

Brian

Well it's not a hybrid, more of an upgrade using everything from the cylinder heads up from an 85 Turbo limited that was beyond repair My 78 Lesabre is still running its original short block. It's almost ready for paint, took a week of vacation didn't quite get it done in time but that's ok. I'd rather take my time and get it looking goooooooood. Oh read signature for the basic info about car. If you'd like something cool to add to a hybid I have a spare set of Lesabre Turbo fender "portole" emblems.

re GN motors in porsches

The 944 your guys were talking about belongs to my buddy Steve the onlyest in Las Vegas!

He is switching over to 86 intercooled style.

I have a 924 with a Buick GN motor in it too.

Check out my site at www.turbo924.com!

later

turbob924

Originally posted by LC2 ROD
Didnt anyone see the GN engine in the Cadilac CTS at the Nats.

Yeah, I saw that. Kinda cool. Got some good pics of it. Guy that was driving it was just the money behind it. Didn't do much of the work I don't think. But still a cool car none the less.

Side note, I have a 1987 Riviera that I transplanted an 85 GN turbo into. Not really the total GN drivetrain. But I still think its cool. Check out my pics on the link in my sig.

Turbo1dr-very nice car man very....I always did love the late 70's early 80's malibu's? What was the last year for that body style?

Originally posted by Billdogg
Any pics or more info on your car?

http://www.classic-celica.com/modul...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

1972 Toyota Celica with an 87 GN Engine.
Motor 30 over, 10/10 crank, high vol.oil pump, SpeedPro 194/204 Cam, Comp Cam 980 valve springs, ported and polished heads, PTE 44 turbo, 0.65 Ex housing, Dutweiller Big neck intercooler, Jay Jackson's 62 mm Throttle body, ported and polished plenum with upper part of EGR tower removed, Power Plate, solid MAF pipe, K&N Filter.
Postons headers and 2 pce crossover pipe. Hand made TH style DP, 3" exhaust split to 2 ½ " dual Magnaflows.
52 # Siemens low imp. injectors, Red A's modded ECM, Translator Plus, LT1 MAF, Extender chip, Boost Commander, dual wastegate solenoids, PAC Alky setup, Adj. Fuel Reg, Hot wired Walbro GSS 340 intank fuel pump, Poly Mount.
ATR billet OD H20 pump pulley, FlowKooler water pump, 2 speed Ford Taurus electric fan, RMI 25.
Type II coil pack and module, 8.5 Magnecor's, AC CR42's.
DirectScan, Caspers Knock gauge, Autometer 30/30 boost/vacuum gauge, Autometer tranny temp gauge.
200 4R tranny, B&M 28,000GVW SuperCooler, remote filter, Energy Suspensions Polyurethane mount, stock D5 converter, B&M Megashifter, Chopped Ford 9" @3:25 Trac Lok rear with a 300 ZX disk brake setup. Air bags, 85 Supra 57 mm piston 10" vented rotor front brake setup, Nissan 300 ZX 15/16 master cylinder, Dunlop SP 5000 205/50ZR 15's front SP 8000 245/50/15's rear. Hurst Roll control, Ford power steering rack, KYB AGX 4x adjustable front struts and Ground Control coilovers, KYB AGX 8x rear adjustable shocks.

Paul

GN V6 in 88 IROC

I was sinking money in a 406 with Accel superram combo for years. The best et was 12.19 at 112mph no mater what i did. :mad: One day my best friend buoght an old white T Type. :rolleyes: At the time it had KN filter Posten dp KB chip KB up grade turbo and 2 1/2 exhuast. It ran 12.05 115 mph. :eek: So i had to put one of those little moters in my car, but with the mods i was putting in the V8. :wink: Well it has paid off this car is crazzy fast. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

CTX-SLPR said:
Honestly in my opinion the best looking F-body since the 69 Trans-Am
my favorites are 67,68 & 70-73. the 70-73 is the next on the list of cars to do, it will be the wifes daily driver.

91-93 Formula and GTA with the smooth aero nose, All time favorite is the 69 Trans-Am. The '99 30th aniversary is very nice aswell, I just don't like 4th Gen nearly as much as the larger 3rd Gen's. 2nd Gens I like the 77-78 Trans-AM's, particually the '78s.
My F-body if I were to build one.... 92 Trans-Am GTA in Black with Corvette LT4, T-56, and 12-bolt with 9" housing ends. Tan leather interior with Corvette seats.

88ZNX said:
I was sinking money in a 406 with Accel superram combo for years. The best et was 12.19 at 112mph no mater what i did. :mad: One day my best friend buoght an old white T Type. :rolleyes: At the time it had KN filter Posten dp KB chip KB up grade turbo and 2 1/2 exhuast. It ran 12.05 115 mph. :eek: So i had to put one of those little moters in my car, but with the mods i was putting in the V8. :wink: Well it has paid off this car is crazzy fast. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I WAS THINKING OF THAT just the other day, I have to buy an iroc one day, 87 or 88. the tpi engines are great, but a hybrid would be even nicer. i want an original burgundy w/ tan trim, the rear disc brakes w/ posi, and stock wheels w/ the tan trim on them. oh yeah, I know I know, you'll disagree, but has to have t-tops. do you have any pics?

i'm doing an LC2/200-4r swap into a '90 Mustang notchback. should be shy of 2800lbs when said and done :)
currently acquiring parts for motor build. havent decided on the turbo or converter yet but it will be a TE45A or larger