Can someone in the Detroit area help me with TV cable adjustment, PLEASE!

MotorCityBuick

Hey guys.

I can't seem to figure out the TV cable adjustment on my 87 GN. I read and re-read the instructions on gnttype.org, tried it out, and now the damn car won't shift anywhere near correctly.

It revs extremely high before barely shifting into 2nd gear. In 2nd, with any throttle at all, it spools up and then falls flat on its face. I've tried just about every position on the TV cable, and I can't seem to find anything that works.

Car ran fine, trans shifted good, before I tried to adjust the thing (yes I know, if it ain't broke...). Well, aside from my tcc not locking up the convertor(its unplugged now). But, in "D" car drove great last summer.

Either way, I was wondering if you guys have any experience. I want to get it adjusted so I can drive the car. Shouldn't take too long, I am sure.

I am in East Pointe 9 mile & Gratiot area. I can flip you a few bucks or a few beers. Let me know if anyone wants to help out a fellow MIBTC member. Thanks!

Mike

Ok. After reading some more. I think I was adjusting the TV wrong. I was pulling on the cable with the tab pushed in, not the plastic housing. I am going to see what I can do tonight after work. Hopefully I can get it fixed myself. I will post back with results.

Mike