Can somebody help?

Lt. Doomsday

Honda Hater #1
Ok, first off i just wanna saw im pretty much a noob when it comes to TR's GN's Ttypes ect, i just wanna know.... Whats the Difference between a TR a GN and a GN Type? Which one has T-Tops? Im asuming its the T-Type but im not sure,.... Im reasearching and seriously looking into buying one, i have about a max spending litmi of $6,000 which probaly wont get me much..
Any help would be GREATLY apreicated. Thanks!
-Cody

Grand Nationals, T-types, and T's are all TR's (Turbo Regals)...Also you could get a limited that was turbo, which is also still a TR.

The difference between Grand Nationals and T-types/T's is options and paint crap like that, All GN's were Black with gray interior (exception is the original 82 GN, but lets stick to 86-87 for now since that's probably what you want anyway, no offense hot air guys, but intercooled cars are NORMALLY quicker).

All 86 87 TR's have the same drivetrain, only difference is some came with a posi some didn't (mine didn't, but that has been rectified).

In 86 you could get the T-type package (black grill, black accents, ect.), in 87 the T-type package became the "T" package...No real difference as far as I know. T's and T-types came in all colors you could get a Regal in, and you could also get a package that looked just like the GN (black bumpers and all) only diff was the Badges...I like T's and T-types PERSONNALY because of the color options, and they usually weight less (less options, 86 is kind of know for Aluminum Bumper supports, crap like that)...My car a Aluminum bumper support no option car...Came with a Turbo motor (which includes AC it's not a different option), Tilt wheel (not sure if that's an option or not, never seen one without it), and Power windows...It's a original light weight (no I haven't weighed it).

You could get ALL regals with T-tops.

I truely apreicate you guys's help! Thanks! ive been looking up insurence costs,.. since im 16,.. and my parents Insurence wont allow me to get a turbo car, so.. i looked at progressive, and for a 6 month base, (liability) $845.00 my parents have agreed to pay half of it, i have to pay the rest so yeah heh,... mabey something will come along thanks agian!!
-Cody