can i unplug it ???

gnxis

before i tell you what it is let me first tell you its strictly a race only car.
now can i just unplug the iac motor and adjust with throttle blade?
the reason is when i lift off throttle above say 3000 rpm car stalls unless i feather it .this causes my scanmaster to reset.
iac is new. any thing else i can do?

I'll give it a shot.
Have you first tried to set the idle?
Are you still running the factory ECM?
If yes to both, and you are still stalling, then try opening up the throttle blade a little more, but leave the IAC plugged in. If it is open enough, then it shouldn't stall on you. I wouldn't think so at least. Have you tried unplugging it yet to see what happens? I am guessing that it will stall more often. It will definately set a code. If this doesn't help, at least I brought it back to the top for you. Good Luck. Anyone else??

Brian

maybe way off base but......when I had my LS1 car and a bigger cam was, or changed the TB, to compensate the hole in the throttle blade had to be enlarged to allow enough air to enter the engine for idel. I learned this when I put a BBK unit on and it kept dying on me. I finally drilled that hole in the plate a bit larger and fixed the problem. Supposed to be able to do the same thing on those cars with the auto tranny and a lopey cam instead of recal the PCM, drill the hole larger.
Dont kow if its anywhere near the same for these cars though.

Originally posted by gnxis
any body???

I went that way when I was havin g IAC problems, but it woujldnt idle leaner than 13.1, since fixing my iac, it idles at 14.0 just fine.

I suggest you set up your throttle follower correctly, or if an ECM, have the anti-stall stuff put into the chip by your favorite maker.

I'd leave IAC function. Makes it a much nicer ride.