Can anyone stop by Richard Clark's shop?

As the title says, i learned about him in the Black Air movie and realized im not that far from him. Maybe an hour. Is his place a real shop and can you stop there, do you need an appointment, can you buy parts from him? Does he do work on them anymore?

Thanks

He has an open house once a year. I emailed him recently with a transmission question but he never replied. He has a large inventory of Buick parts but never sells anything. He goes to Bowling Green every year for the GS Nationals in October with his dog. Any of the vendors could point you towards him. He is always willing to help.

Ok thanks, i thought he had a shop and worked on these for people. Sounds like he is just an enthusiast and a collector. Had my hopes up to find some parts :)

You might want to wait.......I have heard he has been extremely busy lately. I'm sure some closer may chime in.

Ok thanks, i thought he had a shop and worked on these for people. Sounds like he is just an enthusiast and a collector. Had my hopes up to find some parts :)
He is the enthusiast of all enthusiasts. Are you looking for anything in particular? Richard has been known to actually make parts that no longer exist, like the gnx suspension.

He's very busy right now and I'm sure he'd help if he had the time. I haven't seen him on the board for a while so I'd bet he's balls deep in a project and doesn't have any free time right now.;)

Doors, trunk lid, hood :) Some interior parts possibly. Most of all a turbo that i cant seem to get my hands on quite yet. Hopefully reasonable. But like i said i didn't realize he wasn't a shop.

Try Brian at GBodyparts.com . You might be closer to him. Or you might want to try Craigslist and buy a cheap NA Regal.

Unfortunately i think i may have angered them recently. I couldn't find a turbo so decided to order one via them. The problem is that i didn't know an old stubborn broken turbo would make you lose your deposit and it was going to be very expensive for a stock replacement. So i canceled my order, i assume i am probably in their doghouse right now. Not their fault, i just didn't realize the cost involved fully.

Unfortunately i think i may have angered them recently. I couldn't find a turbo so decided to order one via them. The problem is that i didn't know an old stubborn broken turbo would make you lose your deposit and it was going to be very expensive for a stock replacement. So i canceled my order, i assume i am probably in their doghouse right now. Not their fault, i just didn't realize the cost involved fully.
Well people in business have to expect stuff like that. If he kept your deposit then he shouldn't be too upset. You can always try Kirban, too.

I am in NC and Mr. Clark has helped me out with my GN before. I believe he is tied up at the moment and you should try Brian Weaver's shop G Body Parts. They are located in Bethel, NC and have everything you might need. May I say excellent customer service, you wont be disappointent.

Where are you located? Maybe a nearby member can help if you are having issues?

Here is the website
GBodyParts.Com

I am in Raeford, NC

-David

Wow thank you. I am in Raleigh just out of Wake Forest. Definitely could use a pro to look over the car and offer some thoughts.

Go to the South Eastern section and post under the Carolinas section. There are alot of us Turbo Buick owners around NC and I'm sure someone closer to you can get with you. I am 1 1/2-2 hours from you.

that's just business... i'm sure they'd let you make it up to them by buying more stuff from them...

If you think a "stock replacement" turbo is expensive...stop right now. Sad to say, but I'm not kidding. Come on guys...read his posts and offer the most important advise. These are some of the most expensive cars to own and drive. Nothing about this car costs less then $250-300, and the list of what most consider basics is $2500. I hate to see guys get a ton of $$$ wrapped up in a half done car and never get to use it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app