Can anyone identify these wheels?

sowle

I have searched a little for these and found nothing. They look like 18". Wondering where I can get them.

Attachments

• 6819326883x250.jpg
    6819326883x250.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 595
they look like GN centers in bigger hoops- you get to run a bigger tire for more traction but you are stuck with small brakes..

I believe that is this car:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...own-with-larger-factory-rims-whos-car.328488/
I really LOVE the idea but I DO NOT like the funneled look. It seems that the 1" or so spacer is too horizontal.
If you look at our rims the center portion is smaller than the lip. There is a slight resizing or reduction of the rim to compensate for this. The GBody reproduction aluminum rims DO NOT have resizing and the center section seems to be a little bigger, possibly around 15". Sooooo it would be possible to cut out the center reproduction aluminum centers (which are slightly larger) and put them in a rim shell similar to our stock ones and that would give a 16" no problem (and look 100% stock) and possibly a 17". Most people would be interested in a 17" version I would imagine. Another option is to cut the center and weld a 1" piece of circular metal and then put that in an upsized shell (check out post#40 in the link below). 17"s would be no problem but I would have to see the proportions of the wheel, it might not look right. There are also some rim companies that up size or make 2 piece wheels out of 1 piece stockers. Check these out (pure awesomeness):
http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48941
Above company is located overseas, the below one is in Maryland but his upsized rims look kind of funneled. I am sure he could make the spacers more vertical.
ewheelworks.com

Absolute best part would be we could now have 17" aluminum wheels that would look 100% stock.

I believe that is this car:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...own-with-larger-factory-rims-whos-car.328488/
I really LOVE the idea but I DO NOT like the funneled look. It seems that the 1" or so spacer is too horizontal.
If you look at our rims the center portion is smaller than the lip. There is a slight resizing or reduction of the rim to compensate for this. The GBody reproduction aluminum rims DO NOT have resizing and the center section seems to be a little bigger, possibly around 15". Sooooo it would be possible to cut out the center reproduction aluminum centers (which are slightly larger) and put them in a rim shell similar to our stock ones and that would give a 16" no problem (and look 100% stock) and possibly a 17". Most people would be interested in a 17" version I would imagine. Another option is to cut the center and weld a 1" piece of circular metal and then put that in an upsized shell (check out post#40 in the link below). 17"s would be no problem but I would have to see the proportions of the wheel, it might not look right. There are also some rim companies that up size or make 2 piece wheels out of 1 piece stockers. Check these out (pure awesomeness):
http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48941
Above company is located overseas, the below one is in Maryland but his upsized rims look kind of funneled. I am sure he could make the spacers more vertical.
ewheelworks.com

Absolute best part would be we could now have 17" aluminum wheels that would look 100% stock.
I'd buy a pair.

I wonder if I could have my gta wheels resized to a 17, being that I do not think the repro one are going to happen

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

A guy here in North Carolina had Budnik make them. Billet all the way. They are very nice!!!! Post this to the Carolina's section under Southeast.

I've zoomed in on the pic but can't make anything out as far as sizing.

Attachments

• 6819328741x400.jpg
    6819328741x400.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 6819327241x400.jpg
    6819327241x400.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 237
That car was on eBay few yrs back. Owner stated he had them custom made

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It is a NC car. 2 photos attached. As I understand, the owner worked with Budnick to get the proportions right. He has given Budnick the rights to the design so they can build whatever you want. They are KILLER!
Conrad

Attachments

• 2012-04-07_10-14-13_7.jpg
    2012-04-07_10-14-13_7.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 244
  • 2012-04-07_10-14-21_804.jpg
    2012-04-07_10-14-21_804.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 226
It is a NC car. 2 photos attached. As I understand, the owner worked with Budnick to get the proportions right. He has given Budnick the rights to the design so they can build whatever you want. They are KILLER!
Conrad
What you have pictured is the "older" design Grand National alloy wheels. (Not very well done IMHO).

The ones that Sowle has pictured are the newer design that are more realistically dished, and sold by several vendors.

What you have pictured is the "older" design Grand National alloy wheels. (Not very well done IMHO).

The ones that Sowle has pictured are the newer design that are more realistically dished, and sold by several vendors.
which vendors?

Dave the 'older' design you are mentioning are the Budniks. When you stretch the wheel to 18's it looks a little out of proportion. Spoolfool has the 15" versions of the Budniks and I would respectfully disagree, those are really well done.
Sowle posted OEM GN wheel centers that were made with a 1" (most likely) spacer welded between the inner portion of the barrel and the outer portion. No one sells those, they were custom. Those are the same wheels I posted in my above thread.

The wheels I'm refering to as "new design" are actually almost perfect reproductions of the stock originals, with the deep dish, proper offset and correct sized center cap, all made in alloy. If you had been to Richard Clarks get together this last time you would have seen them at Gbody Parts display. The only thing the new ones lacked was the little trench around the hoop on the outboard side of center that the stock steel wheels have

Does anyone have a measurement/ can they get one of the center section of the GBody aluminum repros? The stock centers are about 13".