Can a TURBO be I.D. by the GARRETT P/N and S/N

SSYNERGY

Hey Guys and Gals, I bought a couple of new turbo's from a friend, and they are Garrett's units, he was told that they are POWERSTROKES or something like that, they are new like I and I will take photo's of them including their I.D. tags in the hopes that someone can tell me what size and power capability they can produce. I will have to have them sent off and at least change over to T/R turbine housings. I just recently LUCKED UP and bought an 87 WE4 car, with 107K on it for $1000 and it needs a good bit of work, and a paint job. Believe me, it was sheer luck on my part, and a hookup from a friend who knew a lady with one that's been sitting for 8 longb years. Her husband died a few years ago, and she just had it sitting in her driveway all that time. The car hasn't been started in atleast 2-3 years. The only thing that I could think of that saved it from rusting out from rain down here in Florida, is that fact that the driveway is SLOPED, and the rain didn't get a chance to settle and rust it out. It has a few minor surface rust spots, and ofcourse the front and rear fillers are dxry-rotted out. I bought all new new sensors for the engine, except the CAM SENSOR, since I didn't want to disturb that one, plus a new starter, alternator, coil pack, ignition module, and MAF translator and a 3" B-BODY LT-1 MAF.

1- Since it sat so long, what is the best oil to use for the first attempt of starting, and so on.

2- Should I use some LUCAS additive with the new oil to help reduce friction damaged during initial start attempts?

3- Should I pull the heads and get a valve job done, new valves, replace the springs with 100lbs LT-1 , and replace the lifters and pushrods while I'm at it?

This is a long term project, so I'm in no hurry to run it, but I want to be successfull at this project. I will also be replacing the brakes system with the LS-1 setup, since this setup is untrustworthy, as well as the rear setup.

I know this was a MOUTHFUL, but I would appreciate any help you all could provide.

Thanks

FWIW & IMHO:
I know very little about this, but if it were me I would get it running at all costs spending and changing as little as possible, so if you have to backtrack, you won't have to backtrack so far. I would not do the heads at this time. But this is just me. Fresh oil & oil filter, fresh gas and new gas filter, fresh antifreeze or whatever you use and I would try it from there. Might suprise you.

There is a Brazilian company making turbos that look like Garretts, I think that may be Powerstroke. They are much cheaper, but seem to be good. There was a thread about them sometime last year, but I haven't heard any more. Someone was suggesting a group purchase, but I don't remember what happened, and I haven't read about any problems, or about any great successes, either.