camshaft choice

tyroneveee6

I have a over bore stock 109. All girdled and forged. Champion cnc ported heads. Champion alum intake. 8.7 to 1 comp ratio. Ta headers 5 in downpipe. Rjc mega cooler. Xfi. Turbo 400. 120lb ers. I currently have a 218/212 roller any suggestions?

It appears your shooting for 9's. Is this going to be street and strip or primarily strip? (I'm sure you know the more radical you get w/the performance, the more burdensome the car becomes on the street.) W/your exiting, I personally would go w/a 224/224 and adjust the shift points to the cam window. It should be a fair compromise for street and strip car. To go killer @WOT could make you prefer driving a honda on the street!? Bison could better inform you on a cam choice if wanting to replace the turbo,cam and convertor, but he will still need your exact goals, but you are off to a good start for a fast car.

A mild solid would make the most power in your application. Getting the converter flash right for the cam is very important for e.t and is what will make the car like a bullet. If you run 20psi you need a looser converter than the same engine at 30psi. The CR is a little light but not much of a limiting factor unless you are looking for low 9's.

The tranny is an extreme automatic th400 lol i think it might hold up a lil better than a 20p. But im wanting to keep it a hyd. Roller. But yes 9s are my goals. I saw jason white made some fast passes on a hyd roller.

[quote="I currently have a 218/212 roller any suggestions?[/quote]

Where is the 218/212 headed ? solid or hyd roller ?

212/212 roller can make power into the 9's. that's the cam Bison helped me spec for my build....