Camaro in Nascar

jlat

hello people; I just turned on the race in Phoenix and there are Camaros out there . I don't follow Nascar but did the Camaro replace the Monte Carlo? Any other new cars out there?
IBBY

Camaros and mustangs are running in the Nationwide Series. Not the Sprint Cup big boys.

Posted to TurboBuick.com from my RAZR MAXX HD

i think this is the third year for the Camaro and Mustang in Nationwide...

and the Monte Carlo hasn't been in NASCAR since the end of the 07 season..

NASCAR is a joke any more. They have no "stock cars" in their "stock car racing" series any more.

NASCAR is a joke any more. They have no "stock cars" in their "stock car racing" series any more.

So true, I call it Napcar:rolleyes: I fall asleep after the first 10 laps and wake up for the last 10 when they all get stupid and smash everything up.:eek: I can't tell a Toyota from a Chevy and I did not know Toyota even made a push rod motor.:mad: Just like in drag racing Toyota puts there name on it and its a Toyota:rolleyes:

i think this is the third year for the Camaro and Mustang in Nationwide...

and the Monte Carlo hasn't been in NASCAR since the end of the 07 season..
hello; Tell me what are the chevys out there now?
IBBY
PS: Chevys in Nascar now.

Last edited:
At least the Gen 6 Sprint Cup cars have brought back some modicum of resemblance to the street cars instead of using a spec body with different decals. (The 'Camaros' & 'Mustangs' in the other series are still visual abominations.) And thank goodness those stupid decklid wings disappeared as well. :wtf:

I still think the rules are way too restrictive eliminating a lot of creativity by the crew chiefs and engineers. Any attempt to gain an advantage these days is considered 'cheating' rather than applying ingenuity towards gaining a competitive advantage. I mean you have to have some rules but NASCAR controls every aspect to the molecular level.

Even in the 80s the cars utilized many OE body panels and stock profiles. Check out the front bumper there. Even has the plastic trim on it. Looks like a stock grille too.

PA100046.JPG

park a production Regal next to DW's race car there and you'd quickly realize that the grille and bumper are probably the only things stock about that car.. they might have started out with production sheetmetal, but every panel was massaged and flat out changed in some way or another as it was welded to the tube chassis..

Wouldn't it be great is "stock car" races used cars similar to NHRA Pro Stock cars where at the very least they somewhat resemble real cars. Even the 4 door Pro Stock Dodge Chargers kind of vaguely resemble 4 door cars. Nascar Toyota's and other 4 door cars then would look like the rental cars they are based on.

They have no "stock cars" in their "stock car racing" series any more.
I agree 100%. When was the last time you saw a two door Fusion?...or Camry? They race cars that don't even exist in the ''real world''...(n) It's the main reason why I don't follow Nascar ...:rolleyes: Another reason is because all the bodies are the same, only the stickers for the headlamps, grilles and taillights are different.

Claude.:(

Even in the 80s the cars utilized many OE body panels and stock profiles. Check out the front bumper there. Even has the plastic trim on it. Looks like a stock grille too.

PA100046.JPG
That was when cars were dangerous and sex was safe:eek:

I agree 100%. When was the last time you saw a two door Fusion?...or Camry? They race cars that don't even exist in the ''real world''...(n) It's the main reason why I don't follow Nascar ...:rolleyes: Another reason is because all the bodies are the same, only the stickers for the headlamps, grilles and taillights are different.

Claude.:(

not true.. Chevy, Ford, and Toyota stamp out unique sheetmetal body parts and provide them to the teams... the hoods and trunklids are carbon fiber parts that are also provided by the manufacturers, with the plastic noses and rear fascias also being unique pieces provided to the teams... they aren't "stock" production body parts like the teams started off with 30 years ago, but they are unique to each manufacturer and the cars do have their own distinct looks to them if you care to actually pay attention. yes, the parts are NASCAR approved to make them as aerodynamically similar as possible, but they aren't the same bodies with different stickers like they were in the COT years.. the Fords even had stock looking chromed grilles that came off in crashes from time to time last season...

hello people; IMO there are some good looking new Buicks out there now and I'd like to see what they would come out with if they raced Nascar? I guess in the GM ranks Chevy is it so maybe that's all they want to do. But I do remember Buicks at Indy and they couldn't finish a race.
IBBY