Cam sensors reinstall

griz_83ho

i know there is several threads in regards to this but wanted to get a little better guidance. I pulled my motor this winter and replaced the rear main, swapped out heads, etc and need to prime the oil pump on my motor. I have the motor reinstalled in my car and never removed the cam sensor. Wondering to do it right should I pull the cam sensor to ensure I get the pump primed? Is so any good tricks to marking the cam sensor before removing it to make reinstalling it easier? I have never replaced/reinstalled a cam sensor so looking for tips or tricks to help. As always any help is much appreciated.

Before pulling the cam sensor rotate the engine so it is at 25* ATDC #1. This makes it much easier to properly reinstall it.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Here is another way to set up the cam sensor
http://www.casperselectronics.com/store2/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=653
I also grind and painted the 2nd white color the new 25* TDC Picture 047.jpg

Attachments

• Cam tool setting.pdf
    136.1 KB · Views: 125
You have to pull it no matter what. When you install the cover with the sensor in place the bevel gears mesh. It' be pure luck if you happened to line up the right gear teeth with each other when reinstalling.