cam sensor help please

dagojoe

im installing a new cam sensor on my new engine..do i need to set it at 25 degrees atdc then drop the sensor shaft in...or set it at tdc put the shaft in..then put the cap on and adjust...i hav the cam tool and where should the little window be when i drop it in and where should my wires on my plug be facing once its inatalled correctly...ive assembled the motor and i am to this point...just need sum simple guidance for referance points..thank you

Last edited:
i read that maybe im confused do i go tdc...then 25 tdc and drop in the sensor shaft...once ive got it in..where will my window face and where will the plug face

Make sure you are at #1 cylinder TDC compression stroke and then turn it to 25 degrees ATDC then drop the cam sensor assy in. You will have to turn the oil pump shaft to get the cam sensor aligned with it,in order for the cam sensor to seat fully and for the gears to mesh together. The window of the reluctor ring will be facing toward the drivers side headlight when it is seated fully.It is a good idea to lube the o-ring on the cam sensor housing to make it easier to slide in,i also put grease on the cam sensor gear to help with installation.

Make sure to follow the procedure on vortexbuicks and you will be good to go.

And you do NOT need a cam sensor tool.

PM me and I’ll give you my number and guide you thru it.

Starts every time!

D

And you do NOT need a cam sensor tool.

PM me and I’ll give you my number and guide you thru it.

Starts every time!

D