cam sensor and RPM gauge not working. please help!

montecarlofast

740 ftlb Rocket Couch
Ive recently saved a 87 turbo T, which runs, but runs poorly, stalls, and is bone stock.

Started verifying cam timing with caspers cap which stays on the whole time. Unless I unplug the cci module, then I can dial it in,

Swapped cci modile with one off my excellent running 86 t type, no change. I know the caps supposed to blink showimg timing for injectors, so I assume the cars running batch fire only.

Second hint I have is that the rpm led strip on the dash stays all the way maxed out no matter what.

Any ideas on this? Vss buffer? Bad esc module? Car sat for 12 plus years. Thank you for any ideas!!!

The casper's cap blink as the timing window passes through the sensor. If it's not blinking then it's not turning. Pull the cap and see if the rotor is free to turn. (it shouldn't be). Go from there.

Chances are that and the tach are unrelated.

If the cam sensor I isn't turning the engine will not start. The sensor is probably installed 180 degrees out.
The rpm gauge reading max is NOT a hint of any kind. It just means it has gon out of calibration due to its age. It has nothing to do with how the car is running.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The cam sensor is not 180 out. I can spin it all the way around and the light is on constant. if I unpin the middle pin in the plug (which is signal to cci module) then it will go out. and then when I spin it, the led will go off and then on like its supposed to. Something is back feeding and making it so that the computer cannot see the cam signal. im pretty sure its in batchfire when this happens. Has anyone has this issue?

That's weird. The motor will not start without a cam signal. It will only run in batch fire if the signal is lost after the motor is already running.