Cam Selection

V8turboGMC

I need a good cam to start with for a TurboCharged small block Chevy 355 ci. I have ported Cyl. Heads They folw about 230 in the intake side. 8.3:1 compression. T76 Turbo. I will be running a Hyd. flat tappet cam. I was looking for some good specs to start with, Comp Cams will doing the grind. I was gonna Call Harry at PTE an get his advise. Thanks.
Kyle~

What kind of block, heads, etc. are you using? As far as the cam you are on the right track in terms of speaking to somebody like Harry at PTE cause it's a good idea to pick a nice custom grind cam for a turbo motor IMHO!

Stock Block, Ported Stock Chevy heads, All forged internals. Yea, I Think Im gonna call Harry and see what he has to say.

6.0 liter LS1 (iron?) truck block and ported stock Vortec Chevy heads? That sounds pretty badass!!!:cool: Please keep us updated and if it is an LS1 you might also want to talk with Rob Raymer of LS1 MotorSports (he probably has the most experience with turbo LS1s) or maybe Nick Agostino of ARE....

Good luck with your turboed V8 GMC truck!:)

Its just an old School Small Block Chevy, But I should be able to make 600HP without a problem seeing that the T76 will do 88 Lbs. of air a Min.
;)