Cam selection

Also... There's alot more to camshaft design than looking at duration #'s. But most people only "know" those and lift #'s. I also look at more than just the torque converter to "match" components with the camshaft.

K.

Also... There's alot more to camshaft design than looking at duration #'s. But most people only "know" those and lift #'s. I also look at more than just the torque converter to "match" components with the camshaft.

K.

Totally Agree!!!!!!!

(3) 9 sec example cars. 3 DLS cams in the mix. Hummmm :confused: Wonder who I would call for a cam.

Thanks alot for the advice.... I think i am gonna try a few different cams to see which one fits my build... i just ordered the 224/224... i will post pics soon of my Stroker Build...

I ordered the 224/224 cam... will this cam be to much cam for the street.... I see alot of people running the 218/218 will this be a better cam for my selection

I ordered the 224/224 cam... will this cam be to much cam for the street.... I see alot of people running the 218/218 will this be a better cam for my selection

I've seen various comp grinds of each work in different applications. I still run a dls 218/224 in one of my engines. A lot of guys said it wouldnt work. It's in a stock stroke small bore engine. Most strokers with 3-4 psi more boost have a hard time making the power that engine does. That cam required a lot more stall at zero boost/vacuum than the small 212 grind I commonly use but once it hits it hits with a big bang. Peak power around 5500. Hard to get these hyd cam combos with a lot of backpressure to peak over 6000. If I remember correctly JW made a crap load of power with unported heads and a mild hyd and I remember him saying it peaked before 6k. I'm sure it pulled past that running the mph he did

Thanks Alot for the help... Cancelled the 224/224 for a 218/218 DLS Billet cam... Cant wait until i finish this stroker build.... i will post pics soon of the build

Thanks Alot for the help... Cancelled the 224/224 for a 218/218 DLS Billet cam... Cant wait until i finish this stroker build.... i will post pics soon of the build
Fwiw what were you able to squeak out of the 60-1 with the current combo and what springs are you using with your dls 218/218?

What lift and LC is your DLS 218? I've seen a few variations of the DLS 218 so simply calling it a DLS 218 can be misleading. I got one here with a 110 LC and about a .330 lobe lift (.495 with 1.55 rocker) but I also see some with much more aggressive lifts than this.

What lift and LC is your DLS 218? I've seen a few variations of the DLS 218 so simply calling it a DLS 218 can be misleading. I got one here with a 110 LC and about a .330 lobe lift (.495 with 1.55 rocker) but I also see some with much more aggressive lifts than this.
The 3313 lobe. Usually run with 1.65 or 1.7 rockers with a good set of heads and the springs will last a long time. Ive ran it with the 885 lifters and it kicked ass. More lift and the same duration means a lot more spring is necessary and its not always easy.

Cam will be running on .540 lift with 1.65 roller rockers... As for the lobe I forgot what Dan told me...