Cam recommendation

If anyway possible go roller; cam kit and rockers.

I know it's expensive but so is an engine rebuild after wiping a flat tappet cam.

206/206 and a big neck slic would be great for your goals, your not going to get a fm to work on a tta, when your budget allows look into a converter, head work and a tune for the best power results.

206/206 and a big neck slic would be great for your goals, your not going to get a fm to work on a tta, when your budget allows look into a converter, head work and a tune for the best power results.
It's got a 2800 converter and ported heads. For a tune, it's got a holley hp and I do all my own tuning on my cars, so I'm good there :). Just have to ease into the timing as I'm unfamiliar with what these motors typically like. Done mostly ls stuff prior.

I was looking at the car earlier, I can get a fmic to work but it would be best if I cut the bumper cover and reinforcement but I'm not sure I want to do that.

If anyway possible go roller; cam kit and rockers.

I know it's expensive but so is an engine rebuild after wiping a flat tappet cam.
I've read some things saying this is a valid concern and others saying it isn't. I personally have not lost a flat cam, ever- but that doesn't mean I'm not unsure about using one. I'll have to look into it.

I've read some things saying this is a valid concern and others saying it isn't. I personally have not lost a flat cam, ever- but that doesn't mean I'm not unsure about using one. I'll have to look into it.

Make sure you run a premium non synthetic oil such as brad penn 10-40 with a zddp additive for best results.
I do not like the synthetics for flat tappets no matter what others may say.
I

It's got a 2800 converter and ported heads. For a tune, it's got a holley hp and I do all my own tuning on my cars, so I'm good there :). Just have to ease into the timing as I'm unfamiliar with what these motors typically like. Done mostly ls stuff prior.

I was looking at the car earlier, I can get a fmic to work but it would be best if I cut the bumper cover and reinforcement but I'm not sure I want to do that.
Who's and what size converter is more important then the advertised stall, test the stall on the foot brake at 0-1psi, if its a 12" id bet its no where near 2800, if its 9.5/10" and quality from guys like ptc, husek, carr or a multi-disc your good to go.. if its a re-stalled 12" odds are its not too efficient,
better with a plain stock D5 and a small mm turbo.

On the street, I would get about 2300, or maybe slightly more, before it started to spin. I figured it *might* see 2600 or so on stickies at the track. No clue who's stall it is, was in it when I got the car.

Edit- just looked at it for the first time. Definitely not just a restalled stocker or anything. It felt pretty good driving it, not "sloppy" at all, so I wasn't overly concerned about it enough to really look closely at it until you mentioned it. I figured I'd just get a better look this week when I drop the trans but you had me curious. Pic attached.

Attachments

• 20160508_194428.jpg
    20160508_194428.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 55
Last edited: