cam options

koch186

In the process of a rebuild. Is the isky 206 cam any good or should I go with webers cam. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20131204_181608_882.jpg
    IMG_20131204_181608_882.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 119
It really depends on your goal of what you are planning to do I would call a vendor on the board and tell them your goals then you will decide what to do at that point .

I want a strong street car. going with the aluminum champion heads 8 bolt. Stock bottom end. The isky can is 300 cheaper than webers. I have 49 turboand a lot of other bolt one. just using it as a cruise car

First thing I would do is take the plans for the champion heads and shelf that. If you are worried about the price difference in the cams than aluminum heads for a street/cruise car with a 49 turbo is a waste of money.

First thing I would do is take the plans for the champion heads and shelf that. If you are worried about the price difference in the cams than aluminum heads for a street/cruise car with a 49 turbo is a waste of money.
Not worried at all about money. Just stating that they are cheaper. Just wondering if there is a reason why. And if anyone has used either thanks.

I have dealt with both and both are fine. That being said I would go with a nice set of ported Irons and roller cam. It will give you great performance on the street with a 49 pared with the right converter. The Champion are overkill and can actually hurt the performance with such a mild build. Give Nick a call at AZGN and discuss your plans and goals, He'll set you on the right path.

The difference in price must be b/c it's a roller. I'ld go roller cam, ported irons and slightly bigger turbo and converter to match.

I've got a hyd roller that will work better than any off the shelf tight lsa cam with that small turbine to help reduce the effects of backpressure. You will overrun the turbine very fast with those heads . $250.

The Champion are overkill and can actually hurt the performance with such a mild build.
I'll build a 3600 lb car with an aluminum headed engine with a TA49 and you can build an iron headed 3450lb one with a ta49. You will quickly find out the aluminum headed engine will make more power everywhere. If you have evidence that those heads "hurt" a combo in the past please post it up in a new thread.