Cam guru's

Is this cam any good for a turbo 4.1?
224/224 .496/.496 112 lobe center

Its a new flat tappet thats in the 4.1 I aquired recently. Not sure what brand though. Seems like its alot of duration compared to what I see most people referencing on the board. Especially for a flat tappet.

Is this cam any good for a turbo 4.1?
224/224 .496/.496 112 lobe center

Its a new flat tappet thats in the 4.1 I aquired recently. Not sure what brand though. Seems like its alot of duration compared to what I see most people referencing on the board. Especially for a flat tappet.

Yes, it is. Look at my post a few down. I'm trying to figure out a roller cam for my 4.1 stroker.
I know Weber racing makes a 224/224 I don't have the cam card, so I cant tell you if what the specs are, or if it is the same.
It seems that you would need a larger turbo, pretty good flowing heads, and a fairly high stall converter, to take complete advantage of it.

I'm shooting for low 10's once its done. I'll probably go the roller route but I'm curious about this cam. The motor was given to me and is a stock rebuild with this cam and a set of stock ported heads. The guy built it to put in a chevette bracket car and then lost interest so its been sitting bagged in the corner of his shop for probably 5 years.