Calling all Canadians

bakerlaw67

BQQSTED
Has anybody had a Canadian model speedometer recalibrated so that the 140 MAX in KPH would actually reflect MPH? Perhaps you could even remove the face from the KPH and screw it to an MPH body! Comments?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1865751237

A busted-up or non-working one might make a great template for an overlay for any 78-83 model. Maybe we could even convince these guys to make one for us since the measurements and layout would already be done. The only change on the whole face would be the "K" to a "M".

http://www.buickgn.com/speedometer.htm

If it would work, those wily Northlanders would finally have something we wanted! (Except Molson, SCTV, a favorable exchange rate, and ... I can't think of anything else):D

I thought about that about 3 years ago but discarded the idea. Now that you brought it back up I may have to call my connection in the north and see about retrieving a canadian speedo.

Well they are going out tomorrow to see what they can find. I should have my KPH speedo real soon.;)

Actually they searched and no luck but I talked to somebody else in ontario and they know of a riviera in a yard by them that has the same speedo. He is going there within the next week.:D

No. Nothing yet. How hard can it be to find a speedometer. I am sure more than one of those cars has ended up in a snow bank somewhere. Maybe we have to wait until summer for everything to thaw. :D

Hey guys, I,m canadian!

Yes I am. I saw regularly canadian speedo in kph here around in the junkyard but talk of it again later in the next spring after all the snow 'll melt ! Anyway I've have to look for that me too...I could by a couple of them ! I've seen old regal and century from 78 to maybe 83 (for regal)....but I plan a trip around all the junkyarrrrd I could in my province.... talk about that later!
Cheers!

Since it is 115 degrees (in the shade!) here in Phoenix, it MUST be thawing out up there north of the border, eh? How 'bouts takin a look over der fer a cupla doze speedometers, eh?

Thanks

a year of course... :rolleyes:
I saw at least 2-3 canadian speedo models this summer. I saw this fall a 4dr ' 80 Century and have taken a couple of spare parts...I could have taken off the speedo as I needed the clock...and it's neighborood ...
As I've got no news I forgot your project was still alive.
Now there's snow, the Century is now 2 or maybe 3 foot tall (crushed) I'll have to look for Buicks next spring/summer.
Write me just before the summer. Or if you want my email, tell me. It'll be a pleasure for me.

A Canadian boy from Quebec city area