California Introduces Bill to Exempt pre-1981 Vehicles From Emissions Inspection Requirement

All I can say is it's about god damn time. I'm sick of having the BAR up my ass to smog a 25 year old car I rarely drive. Knowing how Sacramento works they'll probably shoot it down. :mad:

Neal

I emailed them on Monday so I hope each email makes a difference! Hopefully this passes! Cant wait to be driving the GN next to some old ass Chevy or Cadillac from TJ that smokes like a chimney! Soon San Diego will be as polluted as TJ and we wont be able to breath worth a damn but at least I wont have to Smog my GN anymore, cause in the end, thats all that matters!!!

My guess is that we will be smogging these turbo Buicks till hell freezes over, and then some. They are never going to give these turbo Buicks any slack. Who else is going to keep the smog stations from going on welfare? See, God does have a sense of humor.

I emailed them on Monday so I hope each email makes a difference! Hopefully this passes! Cant wait to be driving the GN next to some old ass Chevy or Cadillac from TJ that smokes like a chimney! Soon San Diego will be as polluted as TJ and we wont be able to breath worth a damn but at least I wont have to Smog my GN anymore, cause in the end, thats all that matters!!!

What makes you think the smog from Mexico stays on their side of the border?

Neal

All I can say is it's about god damn time. I'm sick of having the BAR up my ass to smog a 25 year old car I rarely drive. Knowing how Sacramento works they'll probably shoot it down. :mad:

Neal

Yup. No money in exemptions (unless we'll have to pay even more for those.) Remember, the state's beyond broke.

Yup. No money in exemptions (unless we'll have to pay even more for those.) Remember, the state's beyond broke.
The same senator who introduced SB 1224 is trying to have the high speed rail repealed, saving the state millions each year.

That's awesome, but there's a whole system in place that benefits from regulation like having us smog our cars, and I think its more reasonable to imagine emissions laws getting more stringent, not more lax - especially given the state's financial situation and the current administration in place. Do I support his causes? Absolutely. Do I see them passing? Nope.

But I'd LOVE the idea of not having to smog my GN. What a pain in the ass for a car I drive a few times a year!

What makes you think the smog from Mexico stays on their side of the border?

Neal

I know it doesnt. But if we pass this law then we can fight fire with fire and begin to fill up our city with Smog to combat their Smog! LOL. I bet our Smog is better than theirs!!!!

And I hope that everyone who is on here complaining about having to Smog their cars takes the same amount of time to email their Senator and ask for support. Because if you in here b1tching about smogging your car but you dont make the effort to do something about it, then you might as well stfu.

Just my thoughts though. I went as far as sending out an email to all my contacts at work that would even be remotely interested in cars and I hope some of them did the same.

I know it doesnt. But if we pass this law then we can fight fire with fire and begin to fill up our city with Smog to combat their Smog! LOL. I bet our Smog is better than theirs!!!!

And I hope that everyone who is on here complaining about having to Smog their cars takes the same amount of time to email their Senator and ask for support. Because if you in here b1tching about smogging your car but you dont make the effort to do something about it, then you might as well stfu.

Just my thoughts though. I went as far as sending out an email to all my contacts at work that would even be remotely interested in cars and I hope some of them did the same.
I did! I did! I want to drive my alternative fueled Buick Grand National on the streets! I'll just remove the parachute.