C6 Z06 vs GNX

FreeBoost

OK guys, this isn’t really a kill. All I want is your opinions of which would rule in the ¼ mile. Both have a list of tweaks so it isn’t so straight forward as it would appear.

The Vette has a twin turbo set-up, full forged bottom end, 4” exhaust and a ZR1 close ratio 6 speed (first gear 2.66:1 instead of 2.29:1). Tires are OEM run flats.

The Buick has a 4.1 stroker with ported GN1 aluminum heads, a roller cam (0.545” lift, 224o duration, 112o lobe separation), roller rockers, PT-6776H turbo, FMIC, 70 mm TB, 72# injectors, alky, 3200 converter, Global West rear lower control arms, 13/8" rear sway bar and rear air bags. The tires are 275-40-17 BFG g-Force KD’s.

The way I see it the Vette has more power (~75 hp) and a weight advantage (~400 lb). The Buick has better traction and quicker shifting.

A twin turbo c6 z-06 will make a hell of lot more than 75hp more than 4.1 w/ a 6776. Of course it would depend on boost levels on both cars. I would expect more like 200-300 hp more.

With both on street tires, it will be a spinfest---i bet neither car could muster anything better than a high ten @ 140+ mph for the vette and 130ish mph for the Buick.

yeah they will spin.....alot. But they will both have stupid high trap speeds. The vette will make alot more power than the Buick I think too

Depends what turbos the Vette is runnen. I think the Buick will smoke him at the track. Won't even be close imo unless the Vette is set up for drag racing. Then again with those tires I might be wrong.

The Vette is probably not running a lot of boost so if you knew it was not running race gas that would help keep it's power numbers down a ton. If it's running alky you're screwed, even with it spinning that 3rd gear will be killer.

Any Regal without some sort of DOT in a race is going to have a huge hill to climb considering our cars are 1/8th mile monsters. Slap on at least some Nittos and see if the race is still on with him on street tires.

The way it's posted in post 1, Vette wins.

the vette will smoke the buick,to topped it off both cars are spinning which would kill the buicks biggest advantage low end torque of the line the vette will overtake it past the 1/8 way more power.v6 turbo vs n/av8 good race turbo v6 may have advantage.turbo v6 vs turbo v8= v6 getting owned all day.

I dont see the Buick being able to do anything to that Vette at any angle. Neither will have traction. The Vette should be making 300-400hp more than the Buick based on the info you gave and its 300-400lbs lighter. The Vette will have more torque than the Buick too. It will be at a higher rpm too which means much more hp. If traction is similar the vette's power to rate ratio will be far superior

Depends what turbos the Vette is runnen. I think the Buick will smoke him at the track. Won't even be close imo unless the Vette is set up for drag racing. Then again with those tires I might be wrong.
It could have 2 f ucking stock GN turbos on it and it would still smack the crap out of the regal. Your right it wont be close the Vette will win by .5 sec or more.

It could have 2 f ucking stock GN turbos on it and it would still smack the crap out of the regal. Your right it wont be close the Vette will win by .5 sec or more.

This is why the next engine my car gets is a LS1 turbo. I like the 6 but dang you can make alot more HP with the V8 and be more reliable.

I wouldn't Turbo- V8 an all original GN but mine is customized so much; might as well :biggrin:

Look the lil V6 is awesome for what it is, but you guys that think the Regal will be the Vette are smoking some serious S^&* :cool:

I hate to say it but... A factory C6 ZO6 with just slicks would beat your combo... :( The only chance you'd have, is if he was a horrible driver... which most are.