C4 Vette education??

Weazel

This just in,alky is good
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=614103&page=2

I registered here when I was in the market for a C4. Once that ship sailed I hung around when I found out an acquaintance bought an 87 Vette automatic. He's talked some minor smack to me, and wanted to see if he was on the Vette pages too. He wasn't (luckily for him) but I did find this one. I think the guy's post title says it all. Some people know NOTHING about these cars. He's talking like we should all be shivering at the thought of running a '95 ZR-1 :p :rolleyes:

I hope this race happens. I don't suppose the owner of the GN is on this board??? If so, GOOD LUCK.

PS I should soon have some videos to post showing me running my friend's C4. It should be good watchin'. :cool:

Gotta love those cocky 'vette owners, they all think their checkbook will win hands down...................LOL
Not all of them are. Because GN's can be modified to look stock with stock appearing mods. I have had a quite few GN owner try to tell me their mid 12's sec @110mph was 100% stock...

I don't think this guy was believing the GN owners, do you?...........LMAO

Then again, I consider my car at least 99% stock (see sig) since nobody has ever proclaimed that an adjustable wastegate and FPR will make your car faster. (1% for the K&N air filter though)

I've seen ricers that know more about TR's than those guys. Yeah, watch for the big bad ZR-1:rolleyes: Check the kill stories, see what happened to the ZR-1 that tryed to pick on me;) some people just don't get it.

i posted over there too about that,,,,its scary how ignorant most people are when it comes to turbo buicks,,,,,,,,it just makes it that much more fun when they get smoked!!!!!

Small World

I couldn't believe it when I looked at this guy's location and car... He's talking about ME!

Yes, I was at the local car show when a friend of mine was sitting in my chair. Then this dude with CORVETTE emblazoned on his shirt and CORVETTE on his hat came up to him asking him questions. They went like this....

"Is This car fast?"
"Can it beat a Corvette?"
"Can it beat a Z06"
"Can it beat my friend's ZR1?"
"Can it beat my other buddy's friends girlfriend's sister's friends 88 Twin Turbo?" :rolleyes:

HAHA

As you can tell in the post he refused to believe Turbo Buicks are fast. BTW, my car is an 87 Grand National not whatever he was calling it!

Check all my posts. I don't act like he was describing. Though my buddy could have handled it better, this guy was the one acting like a pompous Corvette owning ass. And if you have an account tell him I
DO go to the dragstrip on Friday nights. He's welcome to race me.

PS, personally I don't even think this guy owns a Corvette. :p

James

hmm, all I hear is alot of whining, could be the turbos, probably isnt....

Listen friend, I never said I wanted to race you or your buddy. I merely asked him what the car had beaten. He said he has beaten a Z06, 1995 ZR-1, Vipers etc...I then asked him if he thought he cold beat a TT 80's Vette. After moment of hesitation " Sure, I could take him" He asked if I had it with me, I said, "I dont have one, Ive got an 85 non turbo." And walked off.

Now, I dont know what he told you, or how he told it! Im telling you what actually happened.

I dont race ar holt, ever, or at all for that matter. I would however like to come see your car in action.

Anyone got the video of the GNX running the twin-turbo Callaway? Might be interesting to share it with our Corvette friends. :)

Listen, Don't tell me what I didn't hear. I was standing there, but you were talking to my friend in the chair like it was his car. I didn't bother correcting you because you were so content on your own ideas. Plus, you initiated conversation by asking what the car could beat?

Then you rattled off about every Corvette you could think of in the last 15 years off the top of your head out of nowhere. Though after he called you out you walked off.

Next time, don't go asking people what Corvettes they can or can't beat while wearing a Corvette T-Shirt and a Corvette Cap without expecting them to call you out. I mean first of all what kind of question is that? What type of format? Stock or modified? There are just so many variables that it isn't funny. Why not just ask them what kind of times they run and leave it at that?

Honestly, you came across as an a$$. You acted very doubtful of the performance of my cars and other Turbo Buicks. You didn't ask questions about them, but instead you proceed to post on the Corvette forum like you know about them b/c you read some website. Not only that, but you make up things that aren't even true. For example, you said when someone asks me how fast my car is I respond, "Faster than you." BS!!!

First of all, I do go to the track to see what cars run. There are many that can outrun my car. I have seen a Corvette run in the 5s in the 1/8 and I've seen stock Z06s run 9.1-9.1s. Never would I assume my car was faster than anybody elses. You, "my friend" are the one doing the assuming....

James

Originally posted by bishir
Listen, Don't tell me what I didn't hear. I was standing there, but you were talking to my friend in the chair like it was his car. I didn't bother correcting you because you were so content on your own ideas. Plus, you initiated conversation by asking what the car could beat?

Then you rattled off about every Corvette you could think of in the last 15 years off the top of your head out of nowhere. Though after he called you out you walked off.

Next time, don't go asking people what Corvettes they can or can't beat while wearing a Corvette T-Shirt and a Corvette Cap without expecting them to call you out. I mean first of all what kind of question is that? What type of format? Stock or modified? There are just so many variables that it isn't funny. Why not just ask them what kind of times they run and leave it at that?

Honestly, you came across as an a$$. You acted very doubtful of the performance of my cars and other Turbo Buicks. You didn't ask questions about them, but instead you proceed to post on the Corvette forum like you know about them b/c you read some website. Not only that, but you make up things that aren't even true. For example, you said when someone asks me how fast my car is I respond, "Faster than you." BS!!!

First of all, I do go to the track to see what cars run. There are many that can outrun my car. I have seen a Corvette run in the 5s in the 1/8 and I've seen stock Z06s run 9.1-9.1s. Never would I assume my car was faster than anybody elses. You, "my friend" are the one doing the assuming....

James

And if youll recall, I never said I wanted to race.

Id say my car could do high 8's, low 9's....Thats just an estimation

The truth is, I liked your car, the sleeper look...I went home, jumped on the net and found a nice site devoted to GN and GNX's. I read what I felt was pertinant to me.

I then went ot the Corvetteforum and asked a question "Could my car beat a GNX, or a GN or whatever?"

I got quite a few responses, ranging from GOD NO to IT WOULD BE A REALLY GOOD RACE...

I never said your car was slow, you assumed thats what I was thinking, you must not think much of your car if you think everyone is looking down upon it...

just my opinion-

EDIT- Also if youll notice, on the first post I made at the Vette site I openly admited " I dont know much about these cars" in reference to Buicks!

Red '85, good to see you over here. Seriously, you didn't know squat about a car, but you made an effort to learn about them, that's props.
And you really can't base anything on the "he said she said" crap at car shows. A lot of egos on display there as well as cars ;) I overheard a kid talking about my car saying "It looks good, but I guarantee I'd kill it" to his friends. He had a Monte SS with Flowmasters or something :rolleyes:
I've got a friend with an '87 C4 Vette. It's sharp as hell, he takes great care of it. He knows everything about Corvettes, but not much about other cars. Nothing wrong with that, he knows what he likes.
Hopefully you guys'll be pals after this post, both are nice cars. But knowing that bishir's setup is similar to mine, and knowing I run 8.4s all day with utter crap for traction at the 1/8th mile strip, I'd have to say a drag goes to the GN's favor, as they usually do :D
At 120 mph on the highway though, it may be a different story, as I found out heading to the cruise with my Vette friend. He, and my friend with a '92 Audi Quattro Turbo, looked a lot more comfortable at a buck twenty than I was :eek: :eek:

I never said your car was slow, you assumed thats what I was thinking, you must not think much of your car if you think everyone is looking down upon it...

HUH? :confused:

You're too much...

hey james.

I was there too...

I listened in.. sittin on the tailgate of my slow pickemup truck.

I must say I was amused at our bud sayin u beat all those cars... but why not? if he said u hadn't.. I thought the guy woulda said... well I got one of those and I know I can beat u. because he said YES you could beat them all.. only thing the dude could do was race ya to see if it was true lol!

my trucks stock other than a few bolt-ons.. u read to race again james?

I got some new bolt ons for it... he he he

I shouldn't post on this forums james... I may end up wanting to belong more, and end up buyin one. d'oh!

i need to spend that money on my truck... she is feelin neglected

Classic.

It still cracks me up that there are people out there that don't know what a turbo Regal is.

I love Buick's. :D

Some Corvette guys are cool :cool:

I don't like to lump them all in the same basket. I grew up lusting after Corvettes. After owning a rare and clean 77, that lust was satisfied. I have to say that the new ones that drive and ride so well and are easier for us old farts to get into have turned my head again.

At my McDonalds one Saturday, I met a ZR-1 owner who admitted that my grey T-Type limited (and TR's in general) could give him a run for his money in the quarter mile....Then, I had to admit that above 100mph it was all Corvette....Well, maybe those were his words ;)

Zr-1's are awesome cars in my view. I'd like to race one in my TTA :D That is, just as soon as I get it tuned....And yes, its stock :D Er, Uh, yes, they all came with 10.5 inch tires all 'round, the Lt-1 MAF was a "dealer" option....Whats a Translator?....Yes that turbo (Ta-49) was a dealer option too....Aren't those stock injectors? I thought they were stock....Of course there's a CAT on there Wahahahahahah ;)

A local dyno manufacturer wants me to help him tune his dyno at over 150mph....He usually uses Vettes, Bimmers and such....Naw, No need to prove my masculinity :) Or, is there?

Chris,

Yeah, you will end up buying one if you spend too much time here. :D

BTW, I ran TJ last night. I actually started to pull on him from a 35mph roll but he ran me down. From a stop his car hooked and he was gone, but when I hit full boost I kept up with him. That car can hook even on those tires! Lots of low end torque...

James

james

sweet!

once I get my vbody, stall, gears/locker in... i'd like to be doin about 7.7-7.8s

so my big ole pickemup truck will give his car a run for the money too ;)

Can you use other cars on the lift at the base? Though it's not necessary, it would be nice to use one when I have to change fuel pumps.

James

i could prolly get u a temporary base pass.

they dont care what vehicle you put up on the lift. its 5 bucks an hour though.

I know them so well.. I get in for free, they put on tires for free, balance for free... brakes for free.. I only have to pay for the lift cuz they only have 4 (ties em up)