Byron Race Day as a tribute to a lost member and friend

R.I.P.92Rolla

We all lost a good friend and car enthusiast last week Chuck Corso (datenbrick on TurboBuick)

Chuck is someone I'm sure many have bought and sold parts from over the years. I'm sure customers of Speed Inc. had seen Big Chuck around the shop and at events over the years as well.

here is info on the track day a friend has put together and I'm helping to spread the word

RIP Chuck

I personally have bought 2 Buick's off of Chucky and he had spoke of plenty of locals on this board. I am sure he would be pleased to see a couple Turbo Buick's show up and give everyone a show!

Chuck.jpg

:(Wow, that is so sad, when did he pass away? I met him once and thought he was such a nice guy. My nephew ran into him too. He will be surely missed. I still can't believe it. When he came up to drop the rear end off, he hung around for about 2 hrs to just to shoot the $hit.

Prasad:(

Sorry to hear! I bought a steering wheel from him a few years back. I'll try to make Byron

I plan on driving my GN out to Byron sunday for this and making a hew hits. Any other turbo buicks going to be in the house?

I wish my car was running right I would bring it. But I will look for you and introduce myself. Hopefully this will be a good turn out seeing that most of his friends posted it on different boards.

I wish my car was running right I would bring it. But I will look for you and introduce myself. Hopefully this will be a good turn out seeing that most of his friends posted it on different boards.

I'll be easy to find, probably driving around the pits asking people if they want to race a GN for CASH. lol

Just heard that the Chuck memorial race is postponed? Don't know if it was due to weather forecast or because there is an RSD and a SCC tomorrow?

What happened to the event?

It was postponed to tomorrow 11/6 because it rained out last sunday.

I just filled up the GN so I can head out tomorrow, but according to my pro-efi, the "e85" I just put in is only 74% ethanol.... which I expected it to be less since the temps are getting cooler, but this will certainly not help me go faster tomorrow....

Well I made it out there today... ran a new best in the street GN despite constant 35+mph head wind all day (10.11 @ 129), ans saw Stevie D make a couple hits.... I ended up blowing up my converter (so I think at this point), thank you Dave for staying by my car while I went 75miles home to get my truck and trailer and return to pick up the GN. Despite my misfortune today, I can't complain. Good turnout to support a good cause. While I never met him R.I.P. Chuck. GodSpeed.

R I P chuck great guy we lost touch for a while and he will truly be missed in our buick communnity