Bypassing factory alarm

pascuab

I have a problem with my 87 we4 that i just bought. Doors open, security light flashes, if/when i can get the corroded door lock switches to work, the light goes solid. problem is, it doesn't ever go off. the previous owner said the battery drains after a few days. i would like to disconnect the factor security system all together, but have not been able to search for a solution.
if anyone can help, i'd appreciate it. thanks

This is not a topic to talk openly about on this forum. Lost of thieves look at our forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

ah, i got it. thanks. well, if anyone can help me out please PM or something i'd appreciate it.

bump... still cant figure out how to disarm. i'm guessing yanking the black module won't help. my light keeps flashing and it kills my battery within a couple days.

I have the same issue since my car came from getting painted. I havent had the time to dig into it yet, I have the schematics but it is just too damn cold right now.

Bryan

lmk if you find a solution. from what i've read, replacing the module should fix it but i've been trying to find a replacement module online but no luck.