Buying/Selling Questions

blckgnx

Older Member
I have a car listed on this forum, however, after reading some of the problems people have had I'm realizing there is a lot more to it than I thought.
How does the "normal" sale go? Bank transfers, certified checks? What, today is a safe way to accept "Money"? Also, does the buyer usually pay half down and the rest when the car is delivered? I live in a very small town and can't find anyone that has done internet/interstate transactions. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks, Ron

I have a car listed on this forum, however, after reading some of the problems people have had I'm realizing there is a lot more to it than I thought.
How does the "normal" sale go? Bank transfers, certified checks? What, today is a safe way to accept "Money"? Also, does the buyer usually pay half down and the rest when the car is delivered? I live in a very small town and can't find anyone that has done internet/interstate transactions. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks, Ron

I ALWAYS go the wire transfer. You get it ALL at once. The safest and fastest for the seller.

I would have the $$$$ all "cleared" before the car left my site. NO EXCEPTIONS.. Once the car is gone to much crap can come up .. ohhh..I didn't see that scratch.. oh look at the motor.. it's dirty :p you get my drift :cool:

Thanks guys,
This forum has always had a great bunch on it. I'm losing one of the best cars I've ever owned, but will definetely keep this forum. Thanks again, Ron

Be careful out there....

I would have the $$$$ all "cleared" before the car left my site. NO EXCEPTIONS.. Once the car is gone to much crap can come up .. ohhh..I didn't see that scratch.. oh look at the motor.. it's dirty :p you get my drift :cool:

Ask your banker what is guaranteed for you. A friend was swindled out of a pile by someone who altered a cashiers check done on a pin printer!

I like cash!:biggrin: In a safe location of my choosing. HTH.

Wire transfer!!! Got it. Thanks, Ron

But what about steps the buyer should take to ensure he/she is not getting scammed if the seller is out of state?

Anyone have experience doing that? What is the fairest way for both parties?

But what about steps the buyer should take to ensure he/she is not getting scammed if the seller is out of state?

I've bought 15 cars sight unseen,and I haven't been scammed as yet,BUT I wouldn't do it again. The law of averages will catch up. The best thing is to look at the car in person!!!

Very good point! Just went through a long distance transaction myself. Here is an agency that reduces the potential risk for both parties. https://www.escrow.com/index.asp

Its sad when you have to worry about that. It was not to long ago people could be trusted for the most part.

Its sad when you have to worry about that. It was not to long ago people could be trusted for the most part.

I completely agree with you. I just know from the last two people I spoke with that you just can't trust people like we could years ago. It's sad but I'd pay for the escrow if a buyer would agree to do it. If they were legit, it would just ensure they got paid.