Buying Parts in Canada - Problems?

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Seriously considering purchasing a part from a fellow TB member in Canada. What, if anything, will I get into with customs or ??
Conrad

No problems at all. The challenge is when a part is ordered for delivery INTO Canada; they get hit with duties and taxes that are just scary!

No problems at all. The challenge is when a part is ordered for delivery INTO Canada; they get hit with duties and taxes that are just scary!

You can say that again!!:mad: I am thankful to all the Vendors that do ship to us. Sometimes there's problems, mostly with customs, Everything takes twice as long to get or longer and there is always extra charges at the door.
I.E. ordered from H&R I pay $255 to ship so I get it in a timely manner once it got here an additional $109. I still have parts that I'm waiting for from Brian(GBODYPARTS) that he sent weeks ago.(thanks for putting up with me Brian!) Pay Eric(TT) $24 for shipping pay an additional 10 bucks at the door. Most things are shipped USPS but it really doesn't matter who ships it. :frown:

...ya im in canada as well and we get killed bringing parts up here...i ordered a crank for 400...by the time it got to my door add on another 180 dollars in taxes , duties and brokerage fees...makes it not even worth it...

...what i do now is i have a postal depot across the line that i can get parts ordered to...i go down every week or two and pick stuff up...cross the border with my invoices and pay the taxes and duty ...which is about 14%...still a lot cheaper than almost 50% having it delivered to door/business up here...noah.

Auto parts shipped into Canada

I have purchased a lot of parts over the past several years and learned the hard way that parcel post is the most efficient way to go. I get nailed for duty about every third or fourth shipment. I paid Jax an additional $10 to have someone hoof my seatcovers down to the post office just to avoid UPS. UPS is the absolute worst method of shipping auto parts into Canada. Unless you want revenge on the buyer.

Peter