Buying my 1st grand national

Cowl tag under hood, below driver wiper.

A GN will have 19u 19L

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

That’s a good looking car but is it still a hot air? If so, you could buy an inter oiled for that money.

I agree. It looks nice but no hot air is selling for $16k. At least none that I have heard about...
It's a 85 t type not a gn but it has an intercooler and a 3rd brake light and I thought 85s didnt come with the cooler and 3rd brake light? Am I wrong?

Not wrong.
The 3rd light was not until 1986

I was in the same boat as you two years ago. I bought my first T and have been learning ever since.

Bought it for 16K and put almost that much in it to make it the way I want it.

I agree. It looks nice but no hot air is selling for $16k. At least none that I have heard about...
It's a 85 t type not a gn but it has an intercooler and a 3rd brake light and I thought 85s didnt come with the cooler and 3rd brake light? Am I wrong?
So it's a clone/fake for that money. Lol.

He can go kick rocks. Clown.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Am I confused?

The OP and the ad both state the car is a GN. It appears to be one (maybe a clone or tribute)- not sure. Not saying it's not worth the money if it is a clone/tribute that has been done properly. Just stating that if it is an 84/85 model year it will always be considered "less than" by a majority of buyers. Just like 86 is not as popular as 87 even though it's exactly the same car...

Am I confused?

The OP and the ad both state the car is a GN. It appears to be one (maybe a clone or tribute)- not sure. Not saying it's not worth the money if it is a clone/tribute that has been done properly. Just stating that if it is an 84/85 model year it will always be considered "less than" by a majority of buyers. Just like 86 is not as popular as 87 even though it's exactly the same car...
The car was pretty neat up when you get really close to it. Nice in pictures but a beater close up. Few things were really horrible and it isn't worth 16k not to me at least

$16000 should get you a nice intercooled driver. I’m not against HotAir cars but for $16000 it should be a mint 84 with the Lear Seigler interior.