GN or not GN?

Could very possibly not been an original black car, not sure but i dont think you could get a w02 black out pkg on a black turbo T only chrome bumpers and bezels or it would have been a WE4...

And if you blowup that photo showing the fender badge you can see it doesn't line up nicely.
What i can tell you is that the badging on this car has been there from the day my step dad bought it in 1993. I've had the car a year so. This car has never been modified. Original interior and badging on the fenders trunk and the GN badge over the glove box in the dash. That's what's so confusing to ke as a new owner. No WE2 but never been changed!!!

What i can tell you is that the badging on this car has been there from the day my step dad bought it in 1993. I've had the car a year so. This car has never been modified. Original interior and badging on the fenders trunk and the GN badge over the glove box in the dash. That's what's so confusing to ke as a new owner. No WE2 but never been changed!!!
Could have been changed anytime from 87-93 then before your step dad got it, the sticker is the sticker unless the trunk was swapped out but unlikely if the vins match, your still in good shape its still a Turbo T.... just $15k less then if it was a GN lol

Still a nice car but the spid says its a build a GN. WE4 is as close to a Gn as you can get.
Might wanna see if the paper work is behind the seat and door.

SPID 19U is paint code - factory black. cowl tag would be in agreement with SPID.

It's a 1987 Regal T-type. Y56 t-package + WO2 exterior sport (blackout) package. Yes, it was possible to get a T-type for the 1987 model year - only from August 1986 (when 1987 model production began) to 12 November 1986.

Not a Turbo-T WE4 as the SPID would specifically show WE4.

From my build records, your car was built 19 August 1986, before GM restricted code 19 black paint with WO2 blackout package on 13 November 1986, two days before the introduction of the WE4 model. see attached GM literature.

you could order the dealer invoice, if you wanted to build a papertrail of records. link =>>> GM Media Archive

It was converted to a GN before your family's ownership.

Attachments

• WE4 Product Bulletin_15Nov86 copy.jpg
    WE4 Product Bulletin_15Nov86 copy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
Looks like someone wanted a GN, and converted a Turbo Buick into a GN, I had a friend in Missouri do the same thing, or do you live in Missouri, I might know who you bought it from. It does had the Y56 which is the T package, be kinda nice if it had G80 Posi Traction. I'm thinking W02 just means Exterior BlackOut Mouldings. I may be wrong, but if the RPO vin matches the Title, and you bought it as a GN, which is WE2...You might have a good law suit on your hands, depending on your State

Looks like someone wanted a GN, and converted a Turbo Buick into a GN, I had a friend in Missouri do the same thing, or do you live in Missouri, I might know who you bought it from. It does had the Y56 which is the T package, be kinda nice if it had G80 Posi Traction. I'm thinking W02 just means Exterior BlackOut Mouldings. I may be wrong, but if the RPO vin matches the Title, and you bought it as a GN, which is WE2...You might have a good law suit on your hands, depending on your State
This car has been owned by my late Step Father since 1993

@Dwbamafan It's a confusing situation. I bought mine from the previous owner, who knew that previous owner well. It's been a "GN" since 1990 but the trunk label shows WE4. (It also shows CF5 but there's no astroroof?)

I'm not complaining, I went through the car carefully when I bought it over 10 years ago and I'm very happy with it. I also don't plan on selling it, maybe pass it on to my family when the time comes.

Either way, enjoy the heck out of your car!

@Dwbamafan It's a confusing situation. I bought mine from the previous owner, who knew that previous owner well. It's been a "GN" since 1990 but the trunk label shows WE4. (It also shows CF5 but there's no astroroof?)

I'm not complaining, I went through the car carefully when I bought it over 10 years ago and I'm very happy with it. I also don't plan on selling it, maybe pass it on to my family when the time comes.

Either way, enjoy the heck out of your car!
I agree, If the badge is real or add on, makes no difference, your Buick will be more satisfying, and fun to drive than any late model car you'll ever drive. And I'm sure when you pass it on to your family member, they'll enjoy it just as much. Enjoy Your Ride As Mush As You Can

Early build on VIN, black paint, chrome bumpers, not a GN, wheel and trim codes are wrong obviously.
Nice car, rarer than a GN, a black Turbo Regal, non-WE4, and should have had a nice hood ornament too, probably worth more than all those GN badges. o_O ;)
Only a few hundred built supposedly, could be returned to stock someday...

My first TR was a black 87 with chrome bumpers and hood ornament. Loved that car, it was very unique... maybe I'll find another some day.

Attachments

• IMG_20110709_134623.jpg
    IMG_20110709_134623.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 86