Bushmaster ORC - thinking of getting one.

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
I can get a new one for 950.00.

As far as AR-15's go is this a nice gun? Quality?

I have nothing like this in my collection so this is new territory for me.

Thanks for any info/opinions.

Will

Everyone needs an AR-15.:D Great gun. Love mine. You can put alot of rounds on target very quickly and still maintain grouping due to the internal spring recoil system. The 5.56 is a very lethal round with higher than 3000 FPS velocity.

You better get one while the gettin is still good.......

Do you think the "Bushmaster" is a nice model to have if 'model' is the correct term?

Gander Mtn. sells a different one that has a solid stock and a metal handle on the top.

The Bushmaster I am looking at has a different looking stock and no handle on the top. I am planning to put a scope up there.

Do you think the "Bushmaster" is a nice model to have if 'model' is the correct term?

Gander Mtn. sells a different one that has a solid stock and a metal handle on the top.

The Bushmaster I am looking at has a different looking stock and no handle on the top. I am planning to put a scope up there.
The Bushmaster is a Great gun! I bought mine a while back before I got my HK-91 and love it. Both these are awesome guns..

SW.

What purpose do you want the rifle for? It is a nice gun, but depening on need and budget their are some GREAT choices out there right now...

Carolina Arms will be open soon and we can make you a heck of a deal:biggrin: :biggrin:

Target plinking and just to add something different to my collection.

And...well.....to piss off people who don't like this type of gun :)

what model bushmaster. If its just for target shooting, $950 sounds a bit high for a basic flat top ar15. really depends on what parts the gun has for that price. Also look into Doublestar or DPMS. They make decent entry level rifles for good price. Just be carefull, those guns are money pits just like the buicks. Budsgunshop.com had some for $700 range

Not sure if it has a model number but it says "Bushmaster ORC".

Cabella's is usually a little bit high in price but it is a nice place to shop :)

Be careful, M4's and AR15's can become very addictive! There are many quality guns out there, Bushy's being one of them. $950 is about the going rate for an AR.

I googled that model. price is about average for this time like Turbo 6 said. Just add a good scope and go. Should be a good rifle. There are so many upgrades and neat things to add to those rifles. Its addicting. Ammo is scarce here in Tucson though.

I found about a thousand rounds yesterday between two stores. Asking price was 11.59 for 20 rounds but I don't know if that is good.

I am used to paying 12.99 for 50 rounds of .40 so it is a bit more than what I want to spend but it is a different type of round so I understand.

You can usually find a S&W M&P ORC AR-15 for 800 on gunbroker... There are plenty of options out there. DPMS does make a good gun, don't choose the sportical...

That is a good gun you are looking at. If you are buying locally make sure you feel comfortable with the store. Ask all your questions up front...

Far as ammo goes, the good stuff is still pretty high. You can find some russian made wolf for .25 a round in bulk right now though...

I have generally avoided Wolf ammo as it seems pretty dirty. Don't know about .223 though.

Cabella's is pretty good with their gun sales and I trust them.

Plus...I get 150.00 gift card if I spend more than 500 bucks so I can turn right around and go back in for goodies :)

I have generally avoided Wolf ammo as it seems pretty dirty. Don't know about .223 though.

Cabella's is pretty good with their gun sales and I trust them.

Plus...I get 150.00 gift card if I spend more than 500 bucks so I can turn right around and go back in for goodies :)

It is dirty, but if you clean your gun after you shoot it like you are supposed to it doesn't matter:biggrin:

I rather do a little cleaning then spend double per round for plinking...

Wow, that is a great deal at Cabella's then. Heck I would just buy $500 at the time and walk in and out for the gift card:biggrin:

I do like the look of the Wolf ammo boxes as I am into wolves.

And really, looks ARE more important :)

I will be picking it up on Saturday and shall post some picts.

My .223's worth...

Couple of good things to know.

- Go to ar15.com and read up/join up.

- AR-15's are the Turbo Buicks of the gun world, when it comes to upgrades and becoming a disease. You can't own just one.

- Bushy's are very popular, most all over the counter AR-15 companies have their uppers and lowers produced by the same manufacturer. It's the internal components, fit and finish that generally set the companies apart. Some others have specialty niches that set them apart from others. Such as Stag Arms with their left handed models. Then you also have gas piston model companies, which tend to be a lot more pricey than your standard gas operated ARs.

- Magazines are becoming plentiful again, but people get nervous whenever the man starts talking about taking our rights away. So stock up.

- 5.56 is the preferred chambering due to being able to run 5.56 Nato or .223 through it without any issues. Never run 5.56 Nato through a .223 cal only barrel. Plenty of articles on ar15.com that talk about this. This leads to an ugly situation.

- Shop around, deals are to be had out there, especially on gunbroker.com and other places.

- Brownells and Midway USA have good selections of bolt ons.

- Most AR companies and Bolt on companies are getting stuff back in stock. There was a huge run on these back at the beginning of the year. Feb was nuts, as far as demand.

- If you purchase an AR, read up about this companies products. "Failzero ar-15 basic kit" Google it up. You will be astounded and I highly recommend it if you plan on a lot of range visits, or want the ultimate in reliability.

- Ammo prices are slowly coming back to reality. A good deal is in the neighborhood of .39 to .50 cents per round. I have seen PMC .223 at Gander for $7.99 a box of 20, which for plinking/sighting in, is a good buy. PMC is a little dirty compared to say Winchester white box tho. To me, $13.99 for a box of 20 is too much for me on basic plinking stuff. But decent for anything Hornady or a serious hunting ammo. I do not care for Wolf steel case ammo in ARs. Especially with the glue that they use on the primers. It can melt and cause gumming up issues when shooting for long periods of time. IMHO, Wolf ammo is only for AK47s. At least that's all I use in my AK with never a miss fire or issue.

- If the upper to lower fit seems loose, pick up an accuwedge at the same time. Most competent gun shops will know exactly what you mean. I actually installed one in my 24" Bushy Varminter this past weekend. Bushmaster - Hunting Rifles

Here is the official link to the Bushy ORC.

Bushmaster - Home Defense & Recreation Rifles

Your 16" barrel length with 1-9 twist rate is not particularly known for high accuracy at long range, but for 100 yard plinking, it would work very nicely with a nice set of optics.

BCWVMF%2016M4ORC.jpg

Nice looking AR. I'm on my 3rd one now. When it comes to over the counter gas impenged ARs, Bushy, Olympic Arms, Rock River Arms, DPMS and Stag Arms are all fine firearms. It all comes down to personal choice. You will find that not all of them share the same finish either.
Hope this helps.

Patrick

Bushmaster makes a great quality AR15. Ive shot my friends on a few occasions. I have a DPMS "sweet 16" and have had no complaints with it either. Dont use Wolf ammo in an AR15 though, the steel cased rounds are better suited for the Russian guns. If youre spending near a grand on a high quality rifle might as well shoot the good brass cased stuff through it.
~Ryan

Let's talk about accessories. You can spend way more than what the gun costs for optics and quad rails. Let's hear some ideas, mine is still stock.

Weeellll......

After holding the rifle and playing with it for a while...I realized it isn't quite what I want.

Saving up a few more pennies for a Kimber 1911 now.

That being said, Anyone want to buy the 260 rounds of .223 that I bought a few days prior? :)