Bumper Fillers ??

Art-87TR

231 + 455 = Perfection
My Bumper Fillers fog up :eek: How come :confused: I've tryed cleaning them,
waxing them, with no results.. It takes about 3-4 days after cleaning..

Anyone else have this problem??

Start planning to replace them, that was the beginning of the end of mine :( . The only thing that might be worth trying is clear coating them on all sides even underneath to try and stop the oxidation from occurring. They will start to become brittle and crack in another year or so :mad: .

FWIW & IMHO:
Using a oxidation remover, then followed up with a cleaner polish, and then followed by a good glaze, and repeating the process as necessary and when necessary will prolong the replacement need depending upon the severity and how long the fillers have been left to oxidize.

Wow! I would hate to have to replace them as this is a WH1 and would probably
be hard to match properly :rolleyes: When they are clean they do shine up like new :)

Whats a good Oxidation remover ??

Pick your favorite wax and polish company, most of them have them. I use Meguiar's Mirror Glaze # 9 Swirl remover, which will cut a little more oxidation and some swirl marks too, and finish that up with either Zymol cleaner wax/Polish or a good glaze. Meguiar's glaze is good too use also. More than likely your favorite company will have a lot of differnet products available. For further info, see
www.autopia.org
for a good indepth information depot for car care products & uses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vaseline or silicone paste (grease). let is sit overnight, then rub off

:rolleyes: I'll try it..

fillers

Hi,
They are toast, just replace them. Do the front and rear at the same time, and use fiberglass parts. I know, it's not original,but it's a minor issue, fit is good, and you'll never have to do it again. Check Ebay, a couple of good suppliers.

So if the fiberglass fillers are the way to go who makes the best ones? I am getting ready to paint my car and was planning on replacing them all away around; I was going to go back with the urethane GM ones. I figured they lasted almost 20 years, but they are pretty expensive especially the rears.

Yes you should be able to repaint them, my worry is that if they are allready old why repaint them and have them crack on you a couple years later. It would make sense to me just to replace them all rather than doing the process again later on.

They are toast, just replace them. Do the front and rear at the same time, and use fiberglass parts. I know, it's not original,but it's a minor issue, fit is good, and you'll never have to do it again. Check Ebay, a couple of good suppliers.

Did see one dealer on ebay- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUIC...592357330QQcategoryZ42611QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But, when I clean them they are like NEW :biggrin: and they are still very flexable.. Think I'll try everyting else first..

Mine fogged up I'd try to bring them back and they'd fog up again. Less than one year later the fronts blew apart at 100 mph at the track.

Fog = not long for this world.

Art-87TR said:
Did see one dealer on ebay- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUIC...592357330QQcategoryZ42611QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But, when I clean them they are like NEW :biggrin: and they are still very flexable.. Think I'll try everyting else first..

-----------------------------------------
swirl remover/oxidation remover, do it till you are happy with them, then cleaner polish. Plan on doing it the next time that you wax the car, too, and shortly they will look just like the rest of the car. I would not replace them unless they are cracked.