Building no boost

sy1322

Well my gn is building 0 boost, I did a boost leak test, and got all the leaks straighten out, it's been ic, modded intake and plenum, I got a te-60 turbo, tt chip, 60lbs inj, ported and polish heads, hotwire kit, 255 fuel pump, fpr, but question if the up pipe is leaking would this cause this issue, the one coming from manifold to turbo on the exhaust side, thanks if anybody can help or any ideas. Here's a pic of my setup. And the leak on exhaust

Attachments

• 1437866228102.jpg
    1437866228102.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 98
  • 1437866248147.jpg
    1437866248147.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 113
Hey brother I just looked at ur pics what's the donut gasket for and where did you find it? When I was building mine I searched for one that fit there came up with nothing, I soon found out that it doesn't take one. Mine has a perfect seal metal to metal,that gasket could be part of your issue keep me posted because I wanna do the same intake mod but I have a front mount ic that I'll prbly use in the near future.

It is metal to metal, but the flange is bent, and tried to straight it with no luck, so I had some exhaust material so I cut a piece and tried to put in between still has a leak, would that cause the turbo to build no boost?

An exhaust leak before the turbo could cause the spool up to be an issue

Couple of questions for you:
How are you trying to build boost and where is the boost meter hooked up?

I ran it from the maf, check for leaks and got them all straighten out, but I have And exhaust leak on the up pipe, boost guage? You talking about, got the vac line running to vac block, is that correct.

I ran it from the maf, check for leaks and got them all straighten out, but I have And exhaust leak on the up pipe, boost guage? You talking about, got the vac line running to vac block, is that correct.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 78
I have an 84, does it have a map sensor? Don't see one or it doesn't have one.
It has one on the passenger fender near the relays, its a small rectangular box i believe, black with a vacumn line hooked up, thats where you need to Tee into, any where thats connected to lines connected to that box.

Thats probably why youre not seeing boost on your gauge. The vacuum block on the throttle body is only vacuum, it doesnt see possitive pressure.

Thanks wahoo, can you tell how to tee off it, will try that man thanks, man been pulling my hair out, trying to figure this out, get this figured, and then to the miss, dam thing running a little rough, need to fix that up pipe leak though.

Thanks wahoo, can you tell how to tee off it, will try that man thanks, man been pulling my hair out, trying to figure this out, get this figured, and then to the miss, dam thing running a little rough, need to fix that up pipe leak though.
Buy a tee fitting that fits the vacuum lines, then find the map sensor vacuum line. Follow it towards the middle of the engine since im sure your boost gauge vacuum line is closer to the drivers side of the car.

Cut the map sensor vacuum line in half, put the tee in the middle to reconnect the two peices, and then put your boost gauge vacuum line on the remaining part of the tee.

Also make sure your vacuum lines are ran properly, there should be a diagram on the fan shroud. If not look up the diagram.

Also put zip ties on the vacumn lines so they dont come loose.