Building my 83

83T

Anybody know where to find a good source for parts for an 83 T-Type.
I am looking for Cam, Heads, Pistons, etc. And probally most of all if there is any place to find an engine wire harness.

83T said:
Anybody know where to find a good source for parts for an 83 T-Type.
I am looking for Cam, Heads, Pistons, etc. And probally most of all if there is any place to find an engine wire harness.
I might have an engine harness and an ecm out of an 83 t-type. I have to check, not sure if i got rid of it or not. It may take me a week or more to find it though. If i have it it will be cheap. I will get back to you in this thread. I have the correct turbo for one somewhere also. PM me with your phone number.

I give you credit for doing a 83 . I just got done doing head gaskets on my carbureated 83 turbo motor.It wasn't that hard of a job, apon reasembly I used stock steel shims W copper spray.Secondly I used the ARP head studs (77 to 85) and torqued to 75 lbs. -molly lube-. The thing that made it all come together was MSD 6BTM used with 1980 HEI machanical adv. total timing 29 deg.So the results of all of this is "Quiet" boost levels at10-12 lbs minus 2 degrees per pound.Lastly I turned the boost up to 17-18 lbs with 5 gallons of 115 octane fuel and the car pulled like mule. keep us posted on any of YOUR findings :biggrin: Good luck!!
:)

'83 parts are the same as 86/87 parts expcet for the head gaskets and the 14 bolt vs 20 bolt oil pan.

If you haven't started on the motor, consider using a 4.1 Buick V6.

I was looking at having the block bored to 30 over so I will have to get new pistons. Is it a good Idea to replace the rods right away. If so what brands would anybody recomend to use or not to use.